Renée Zellweger Raises Awareness On Hearing Loss

More and more celebrities have become involved in the Hear the World Campaign created by Phonak. This initiative focuses attention on hearing loss awareness and how to educate people about how being hard of hearing can have an impact on an individual’s quality of life. Your New Generation Miami Hearing Center has decided to take part in this initiative, and every week a celebrity is chosen to discuss their involvement with the campaign.

This week’s Celebrity Ambassador is Renée Zellweger, born to Emil Erich Zellweger, an engineer from Switzerland, and his wife Kjellfried Irene Andreassen, on April of 1969. Renee Zellweger began her career focusing on journalism and taking acting lessons on the side, she never thought she was going to become a famous actress. Her big Hollywood debut was in 1996 acting next to Tom Cruise in the movie “Jerry Maguire”, where she portrayed his love-sick assistant.

She has since won many awards, such as a Golden Globe for her performance as a traumatized wife in Nurse Betty and an Oscar for the civil war drama “Cold Mountain”. Renée Zellweger is a multitalented actress, going from horror movies to comedies to dramas.

She is a wholesome individual who knows the impact her involvement with Hear The World will have in creating consciousness about hearing loss, recognizing hearing damage and how using your Miami hearing aids are no longer taboo.

I don’t really put much value into so called celebrities or their opinions on anything. The more I look at this it appears this is pretty much nothing more then a meaningless promotion.

Here is a great ebook I seen lately all about increasing the awareness of hearing loss and the solutions called www.thesoundsoflifecom.blogspot.com and www.thesoundsoflife.com and it says only great things about phonak

Chuck

I agree. I hoped it was going to be about celebrities actually wearing hearing aids, particularly to wear them on the red carpet and in major filming situations (plot permitting) and show the variety of nice modern instruments available. But no, we get “I would like to promote myself by talking about hearing loss”.