Referred for cochlear implant

Yes but that only allows you to use the Roger bilaterally and Bluetooth is only available on the Roger Pen 1.1 which doesn’t work with newer Phonak Bluetooth Aids.

In terms of noise control etc, all programs are separate and won’t work together.

1 Like

Yeah the CI can provide pretty aggressive noise reduction, SCAN2 FF is very good but it sometimes filters out too much noise so i sometime revert back to SCAN2…

Like what she said… It is very difficult to get them balanced but it is doable…

1 Like

Thanks.
Does a CI have a program like calm situations as naida aids do? Can you understand speech without noise reduction?

1 Like

I never had phonak HA in my lifetime and yes, it is possible but i like Cochlear noise reduction algorithm

2 Likes

I guess noise reduction from a CI is different from hearing aids but I dont have first hand experience

Actually, they are using same technique as hearing aid, it is called front end processing.

The only hearing aid brand I know which can work with CI is GN RESOUND (I am in Australia). But from audiogram your hearing loss is quite symmetrical to me, so i think that’s why your audiologist recommends both sides CI?
I hope you have tried binaural fitting of hearing aids with soft moulds (small venting)?
Profound sensorineural hearing loss can make loud sound unbearable - in audiology it is called “recruitment”, which is very normal for people with high frequency sensorineural hearing loss.

@ssa Thanks for the information

1 Like

I did somewhat the same with my Medel implant situation. I got the implant in the worst of my two ears. and left the Phonak hearing aid in the other. I found the hearing aid “filled in the gaps” of what the implant alone could give me. Speech was clearer with the two than just with the implant.

1 Like