Re-pairing an Cochlear N7 and a ReSound Quattro to iPhone

@Deaf_piper You’re right. Those features aren’t activated on my processor. Were you given a reason why not? Did you request that they be activated? I would think those other features would be helpful.

I still have to try to pair both my HA and my processor. It was our end of year at work, so I haven’t had a chance will try tonight.

Those features are still not activated In my Nucleus Smart app due to my EAS attachment. Ask your Aud to activate all of them at your next appointment.

1 Like

@Raudrive I have followed the pairing instructions that you provided me from Cochlear. Thank you for that. Result— I’m still not paired. I get as far as step 9. The phone finds both devices, but one says Debbie’s Hearing Aids and then switches and states Debbie Hearing Devices. Then when I tap my name it goes to the next screen, one of the bluetooth pairing messages pops up, but then quickly disappears and then the pairing message for the processor pops up, doesn’t move, and asks me if I want to pair my hearing device = cochlear processor. I press pair and just the processor connects.

I’ve tries this at least 10 times. No go. So, I don’t know if this is something the audi didn’t pair right in the first place (remember, I had the issue of not hearing out of my hearing aid, just the processor until I rebooted the phone, the the aid would work, but it seemed the processor wasn’t connected. This started in iOS 13.X before I updated to 14.) or if this is ab iPhone issue, i doubt that.

One thing I didn’t mention because I didn’t think it had anything to do with this is when she first paired the processor and aid, she tested the phone connection and I could only hear out of the processor. I mentioned that the processor was connected, but I didn’t hear anything out of the aid. She took all the devices and my phone back, did something and then I could hear out of my aid and the processor. It wasn’t until a couple weeks ago I noticed that it seemed I wasn’t hearing out of both when on calls or streaming.

I’m going to have to call the audi’s office and probably have to go in. The fact that the screens flip back and forth, but don’t both say Debbie’s Hearing Devices makes me think the two devices weren’t connected to each other correctly in the first place.

You gave it a good try. The Cochlear attachment was pretty straight forward. Sure hoped it would have helped you.
Maybe one of the members with more experience will know something that you can do without your audiologist.

1 Like

@Raudrive I’m going to call the office tomorrow, but probably won’t be able to get in if I wanted to. I have a stress test tomorrow afternoon. They want to see stress? Just watch me get frustrated trying to re-pair my hearing devices! I’ve saved the attachment you sent to my phone for future reference. I think it’s correct, I just don’t think the devices were paired correctly in the first place. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can confirm the attachment is correct, I don’t think they are paired as one combined system correctly.

Unpairing usually happens after repair of the hearing aid and they give you a replacement…

1 Like

Exactly because the audi tested my phone by stepping down the hall and the called me. The phone rang to my N7, but not to the ReSound. I mentioned it to her and she took my phone, hearing aid and N7. She did something, returned everything to me and did another test call. This time the call came to the HA and I thought the N7, but maybe it didn’t. Then a week and a half ago, I’d try to listen to something and nothing in my HA, but very understandable out of my N7. I tried re-booting the HA, nothing until I re-booted the phone. Both the HA was paired and underneath it, was the N7 also paired. This happened several times in the last few weeks.At that point, I decided to forget both devices andvre-pair. As you know, I’ve been having issues since. Just to be clear, I have no issues hearing normal things, just calls and streams to my iPhone. So I agree, don’t think they were paired correctly from the start. The ear assignments are correct.

So I called and wrote a message to my surgeon’s office. I was able to get an appointment was able to get an appointment Thursday afternoon. I’m also going to ask about PO turning on sensitivity, base and treble. Maybe I can get this figured out at the appointment…

My appointment was moved from Thursday to this afternoon. Just got out. The instructions @Raudrive gave me from Cochlear were correct. As he and my audi said, I did them correctly. As @ssa was correct too, both devices need to be re-linked through the Cochlear software. She didn’t know how they became unlinked, she said it could have been due to the iOS update. Usually, I’m not an early adopter of software updates when they come out. What motivated me to update so quickly was the new notification toll in the hearing devices section of the accessibilty section in settings. Last time I do this.

Anyway, if this happens to anyone else, they are going to need to go into the audi’s office and have the device’s re-linked if pairing does not work.

The whole mess, however did start in iOS 13.X where I would hear in either the HA or the processor when streaming. Just to put that out there.

Thank you all

4 Likes

until now in ios14 , Do u fix and both them togther ?

My audi fixed the problem. In this case you would need an audi to get this resolved. What happened is somehow the ReSound HA and the N7 became unlinked. Don’t get un-linked and un-paired confused. If the HA and N7 become un-linked, nothing you can do will re-pair them to the phone.

Linking the ReSound HA and the N7 together can only be done by the cochlear audi. That audi has the Cochlear programming software to re-link both devices together. Once they are linked, the can be paired back to the phone. This is why no matter what I did to pair them both back to my iPhone, they would not pair together. My HA would pair and then the N7 would pair by itself to the phone and knock the ReSound off the bluetooth. I’ve had to re-pair my devices once since this issue was fixed and had no issues with the re-pair because the devices were linked together properly this time.

3 Likes