Random 4 note/tone restarts with Opn More

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Every so often my left Oticon Opn More will play 4 notes/tones and then my right aid will respond with 4 notes/tones. My left aid will then shut down for a few seconds and play the 7 startup tones. Once the left aid restarts it still having an issue as both aids will repeat the 4 notes/tones restart sequence over and over until I shut both aids off and let them sit, (sometimes I place them on the charger) and after both have been off for a while I can start them and things are normal again and can remain normal for quite a while before this random event takes place again. I’m concerned enough that I’m considering having them sent in to be exchanged for a replacement set. Again, anyone else experienced this same issue and if so what did you do to resolve the issue?

I can’t remember exactly how many beeps you get when the microphone or vents are faulty, have them checked out.

I paid a visit to my Audiologist this morning and was told that my OPN More hearing aids were defective as she had never heard of that malfunction ever occurring. Fortunately, my aids are still under warranty so she sent them in and provided me a loaner set to use. She indicated that since she felt that the problem was in the circuity of the left hearing aid that she expects that I will get a new set of aids instead of them trying to repair my set so perhaps if they have made any improvements to the circuitry since I got my set I’ll benefit from the improvement. Thanks for replying to my query.

Altho I’m in the PHONAK camp, my aids did the identical thing when they couldn’t “find” each other. If you get that tone, try to change the volume or program on your aids and see if it does so on BOTH of them. If it’s only changing things on ONE of the aids, it could be your aids aren’t communicating with each other.

Like married people …