Quick question regarding Oticon cros aid

Hi I’m going to be fitted for the Oticon Cros at the end of May and was wondering if i have to have the connect clip at all or can i get away with streaming and answering calls with the Oticon Cros without needing any other device just wondering because I’m hoping to avoid buying anything extra if i can as at this moment in time i can not afford the expense of hearing aid related accessories. If in the future it turns out that i need it then maybe but not straight away. If anyone can help me with this information I would be grateful.

1 Like

Won’t need a Connect Clip if you want to connect to a iPhone or iPad.

If you want to connect to anything else, you’ll need the Connect Clip.

Oticon Engage is handed out by NHS but think that might be too old for the Oticon CROS so you could end up with quite new technology and it may work with Android?

1 Like

@zebras thank you i have iPhone and iPad no other devices. They have just given me an appointment for the end of May and i might be able to keep my current Phonaks as spares for if anything where to go wrong with the Oticon in the future.

2 Likes

@LRav
Be aware that you possibly have Phonak’s at the moment where you can leave your phone in the pocket during a call with the recent ones. So microphone and speaker of Phonak HA are used. But some Oticon’s you’ll only have the possibility to hear, but not to answer the call without this assistive device or your phone in the hand. You’ll then have to still talk to the phone’s microphone if you do not own this Connect clip or whatever device. Personally I find this a big issue. Probably @Zebras can tell more about that.

@emile.heilbron my current Phonak Cros i can’t answer phone call’s at all on without having to use a neckloop and roger pen which is not the easiest as they have to be around my neck both at the same time. I don’t mind having to talk into the phone microphone as long as i can stream something and be able to hear the phone i don’t mind having to speak through the handset I just can not afford to straight out buy the connect clip if i need it months down the line yeah I’ll look to get it at a later date. Thank you for this info though

@LRav Then you seem to win a lot anyway, lucky you. I hope for you @Zebras will come up with an extra positive answer on my submitted question.
All the best.

@emile.heilbron

@LRav Phonak CROS set are not Bluetooth and came out in 2015. Marvel came out in 2018.

My Oticon Xceed, I much prefer to hold the phone to my mouth as people can hear me.

Unfortunately I don’t wear my Oticon Xceed as they don’t work as Bluetooth Aids if you’re using the Roger System.

@LRav may get quite a new Aid as the CROS may only work with the newer Aid. Newer Oticon Aids are hands free.

1 Like

Thanks @Zebras I knew you would be informative.

Doe’s anyone know what app I’ll need to get to connect to when i get the oticon cros?