Questions about Starkey Remote Microphone +

My Mom got Starkey hearing aids and a remote microphone +. She has an older Samsung mobile and a relatively new iPad. I paired the microphone with the phone and it worked fine for streaming. Next, I paired it with the iPad and it also worked fine. Later, it wouldn’t connect with either the phone or the iPad. I cleared the pairings and tried to re-pair it. It would not re-pair, so I cleared all of the pairings using + - Input. I re-paired it with the hearing aids, then with the phone and iPad. It initially worked, then when I went back to show her how to switch between the phone and the iPad, it wouldn’t connect with either. I turned BT off on all devices in the area, so there wouldn’t be any interference. I tried the above process again and the same thing happened. Is this a known behaviour of the Starkey remote microphone + or is it broken?

Could you not pair the Aids directly to the iPad?

I believe Starkey are MFi so will work directly with the iPad.

This mentions that you should pair directly to iPad or iPhone and use the Remote Mic for Android stuff.

Thank you for your reply. It did not occur to me that the hearing aids might support MFI. We will give this a try.

Do you have any idea if the remote microphone supports pairing with multiple devices? I did not see that mentioned anywhere in the documentation, although perhaps I didn’t read it closely enough. Even if it can only be connected to one device at a time, I would hope that it can at least be paired with more than one device (unlike the Phonak Marvel hearing aids when they were first introduced).

See I found information for both being paired to 8 devices at a time but then also being paired 2 devices at a time so I think the info is pretty confusing.

Connected to 2. (That means active connection)
Paired to 8. (That means credentials stored and able to make a connection without going through pairing again. Not necessarily active.)

Hope this helps. See pg 15 of manual @Zebras helpfully linked.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 3.58.54 PM

WH

1 Like

Thank you all, very much. This seems to confirm that there might be something wrong with the device, as if it’s forgetting the credentials.

It might be because you’re trying to link it to an iPad and the hearing aids are MFi.

Try and link it to two android devices or two devices that are not Apple.

Since the remote microphone will pair with an android phone, it will pair exactly the same way with an Apple device. It is a standard “bluetooth classic” device. The hearing aids pair independently of the remote microphone.

Only trying to help.

Take it back to the shop.

Have you looked at the manual?