Question re: use of Resound One TV Streamer 2

Any advice on the following: When pressing the button on the hearing aid the connection to the streamer is supposed to disconnect. That’s what it says in the booklet. However, it doesn’t work. The only way I can get it to disconnect (meaning, not having the tv direct stream to my mom’s ear) is take the HA out of her ear and put it in the charger. Then put the hearing aid back in her ear. This are quite inconvenient. Does anyone else have this problem?
Is there something the audiologist needs to do to make turning off the connection possible I wonder?
We don’t have a remote. That is supposed to turn off the connection but it’s rather expensive.

An audiologist can program what the buttons do. The audiologist should be able to program one of the HA buttons to change programs. That would allow your mom to switch into and out of the TV streamer program by cycling through all available programs, IIRC.

Perhaps your mom doesn’t have a smartphone, but if she did and installed the ReSound Smart 3D app, the TV streamer would appear on the overhead program ribbon as an additional program, and she could jump between programs by moving the ribbon and tapping the program she wants to switch to.*** With me, I only watch TV occasionally for a few hours a week. So I unplug the streamer when I’m not using it (a switch on a power strip can also serve the same purpose).

***Might be that she already has the Smart 3D app set up on her phone but can’t see the streamer program icon. The four regular programs typically installed usually are visible in the app when it launches. To see additional programs that might become available when up to three different streaming devices are paired with your HAs, swipe the program ribbon from right to left.

1 Like

Thanks for writing back! My mom (95, in hospice) doesn’t use a smart phone and there are too many caregivers so maybe switching the streamer on and off would work best. But what about pairing. Turning off the streamer doesn’t require re-pairing each time? She doesn’t have multiple programs set up. It’s whatever the default is.

The pairing is remembered when the streamer is turned off. After a few minutes, sensing no connection to the streamer, the HAs will automatically switch to the default program. The problem would be, when your mom is in the default program, how does she select the streamer program? Here’s what the ReSound Support says for the TV Streamer 2 (only including option #1):

How do I start streaming?

Turn on the TV, Stereo, Computer or other audio device connected to ReSound TV Streamer 2. Make sure your hearing aids are turned on as well. Streaming may be started in one of two ways.

1. Press and hold the push button on either hearing aid for about three seconds. This must be done separately on both hearing aids in order to hear streamed audio in both ears. Once ReSound TV Streamer 2 has been connected, an audible melody will play in your hearing aids and will be followed by the streamed sound.

Source: Help & support for your TV Streamer 2 | ReSound

See also “How Do I Stop Streaming?”

1 Like