Question for nhs hearing aid users?

Hi I’ve been think about this for awhile now but not sure if they will be albe to do this. I’m thinking that at my next appointment I might ask for a spare set of cros aids as I can’t do without them as there are so many activities I need them for. If they were ever to go wrong I’d be up the creek without a paddle if they had to be sent for repair. Has anyone been successful getting a spare set from the nhs? Just wondering if it’s worth asking about

Good luck with that. They even keep the old pair in Doncaster. Must have a museum or something.
@Zebras has a great relationship with her audiso I think she may have kept her old pair.

1 Like

I asked about a spare set a while ago and was politely, but firmly, told no. That would not be happening.

I went private with Costco and recently had a long overdue retest at the NHS clinic. I pointed out I had private aids but couldn’t currently replace them so NHS aids would be a good back up. I have their Phonak Marvel option.

@garethjwells unfortunately i can’t afford to private and so am relent upon the nhs to provide me with my cros aids. So am completely stuck if they don’t give me a spare set and mine ever go wrong as I’ve lots of events happening most days of the weeks where I’m in noisy situations so can’t be without them

Worth asking the question, making the point you absolutely need HAs to function.

1 Like

Hi, there’s a Paradise Cross on Ebay for £269 new if you are interested.

1 Like

@michael1 thank you for this information but unfortunately this is not some I can afford as I’m on a low income and would not be albe to program for myself as I only have an iPad and my phone

1 Like

@LRav

@michael1

I’ve been allowed 2 x pairs of Phonak Naida P70 UPs now on the NHS. It’s the reason why I sold my single Phonak P70.

If I had bought a pair of Phonak P70, I wouldn’t have sold them/it.

1 Like

@Zebras thanks for that will ask when I get my next appointment then and see what they say

Update had an appointment yesterday where i asked about the possibility of getting a spare set. They no longer have the phonak cros ii but they have just got the Oticon Cros which i have been on the waiting list for so they told me send an email for the attention of the manager and saying that i had asked about getting a spare set hopefully I should be albe to be fitted for the Oticon Cros soon depending on the managers response to my email.

3 Likes