Question about ReSound app

I’ve got Jabra Enhance Pro 10s, and I’m having a problem with the TV streamer part of the app. During long commercial breaks, I like to mute the TV and mute the TV sound in the app. That way I can talk with my wife with the surrounding sound amplified.

The default gives me settings for L & R aids. Sometimes the square ‘logo’ that IDs the program obscures the volume/mute setting for the L aid, which prevents me from muting it which prevents conversation. I can combine the 2 volume lines into 1, but the app seems to keep separating them. I’ve saved my settings as a ‘favorite’, but bringing it up still separates L & R volume.

This is with ASHA, Samsung S20 5G, which is not listed as compatible - but the s20 and S20+ 5G are listed.

Does any reader suffer from this annoyance? If so, Apple or ASHA?

I’m a House Hunters streaming addict, so the breaks are 2:45 in length, and it would be nice to talk instead of listening to commercials.

I’ve also tried muting the TV and going to the All Around program. I may go back to that. But these are my aids, and the app should do what I tell it to do…

Thanks in advance.

I don’t have that problem. I’m an iPhone user. When you say “mute,” do you mean tapping the On/Off button over on the left of the combined left and right ear slider? Have you tried that instead of moving the volume sliders to the left? I find I can “double-tap” the two slider buttons in rapid succession to turn off both left and right ear TV Streamer sounds with very little finger effort and movement. Maybe you could just try that and not worry too much about whether the channels are split or fused? I don’t have any problem with the app program logo overlapping volume control. Can you change the screen resolution of your phone. Maybe that will help the overlap problem?

Just random suggestions here. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? In the extreme, some of us have tried not only uninstalling the app from the phone but also unpairing and repairing the HA’s before reinstalling the app to combat other problems in the past. Perhaps not too likely to work.

Good luck. I hope you at least find a work around.

I have a possibly related problem, but haven’t been able yet to characterize when it occurs. I have AGXR aids (=Resound Quattro’s) and I’m using ASHA with a Samsung S21 FE & Android 13. The problem I have relates to TV streaming. On occasion, the two aids split, with no icon to click to join them together again to use a single adjust/mute control. I can only adjust/mute them individually. I think after a while they came right each time this occurred (~6 or 8x so far).

I actually haven’t tried using Apple’s MFi Hearing Devices control with the TV Streamer 2 yet but since there is an option in the MFi settings to control both HA’s together, maybe picking that option in MFi settings and controlling the TV Streamer through that would avoid the splitting problem (see further along in following post):

Thanks so much for describing your problem. I think I’ll refer app support to this thread.

The S21 FE is, for readers, listed as compatible by ReSound. It’s obviously not as compatible as Apple IOS 16.3.1.

On the Apple, I used the Jabra app almost exclusively. Here’s what I saw:

I start the app
switch to TV program
I see 2 sliders - one controls volume for both aids, one for ‘Surroundings’
I hit home to get out of the app
I go back into the app and see the same display.
The screen does not black out if I stay in the app.

On the S20 5G

I start the app
switch to the TV program
sometimes see on combined volume slider, sometime 2
sometimes I see the icon which will combine the sliders, sometimes not
As I watch TV, the screen blacks out
At a commercial break, I start up the screen and swipe to get back to the app
The app is usually in the TV program but inexplicably swaps to another program and switches back to TV after 10-ish seconds
The app may show one combined slider for volume, 2 sliders, or just the slider for the L aid.
The sound may come back at the pre-mute level (‘4’) or may blast me at full volume (‘12’, I think.)

I haven’t heard from Jabra/ReSound, but a call to ReSound customer support got me a circumvention.

When I left Costco with my Jabras a month and a half ago, a long press of the button on either aid changed the program. After a visit to Costco yesterday, a long press of the left button changes the program, and a long press on the right button engages/disengages streaming.

Works beautifully, faster than on my wife’s iphone. I hope I don’t wear out the button before the app gets fixed…

‘Long press’ seems like 2 seconds, though the doc says it should be 3 seconds.

1 Like