Question about Cochelar Implant and Oticon More aids with Iphone

I am in the process of get ready for a Cochlear implant in the right ear this fall. I am currently using Oticon More 1 aids. I know that Cochelar is only compatible with Resound for bimodal use. My surgeon recommened I stay with the Oticon at first in the left ear after surgery and then evaluate when and if I want to switch to Resound.
My question is for pairing with Iphone 11 Pro, can you pair the implant and Oticon as Left, Right, or as I suspect, this capability only exists with Resound.
Thanks.

Apple MFI requires that you need the processor id written on the hearing aid to make it bimodal. Android doesn’t have this restriction, You will need to get Android if you want to pair or get your resound HA…

You can certainly use your Oticon aid, and they would each work individually, not bilaterally together.

1. But they would never stream bilaterally in stereo to both ears.
  2. Phone calls won’t stream bilaterally to both ears.
  3. Rehab would be OK for a couple of months until you had clarity of speech.
  4. When your speech clarity was good streaming audiobooks, podcasts or music you need the bimodal effect.
  5. Listening to music would be a disaster. You need the bimodal effect to balance it out. Music is a real tough gig for CI users. You need to do a fair bit of rehab to train the brain.
  6. Directionality would be off.

So getting the correct HA is very beneficial to you, so you can achieve the best result you can possibly get from the CI.

1 Like

Have you considered Advanced Bionics Marvel? It has a Linked Phonak hearing aid that connects with the CI and they work off of a single phone app. I’ve had mine for 9 months and am happy The AB tech is great.

1 Like