Push Button not working correctly on Oticon More 1 hearing aid

A couple of days ago my left More 1 aid push button stopped working. The aid still works, just not the push button. My audiology dept at the VA is over an hour away so am wondering is this possibly a self help problem that is easy to solve? They are sending me a box to return them in but if it’s an easy self fix I would much rather go with that. The button will occasionally work when pushing up on it but appears froze when pushing down and nothing happens.

The button will probably need to be changed. So they will disassemble and put another one, it is a small part that only they can replace. I had a Phonak Naida a long time ago, the button stopped working, it became hard to the touch. The cause can be sweat that got into the pores next to the button and stopped normal functioning.

1 Like

Yeah it’s most likely gunk has built up on the contacts behind the buttons, if your into DIY then you can remove the housing and clean it yourself, a bit fiddly, small pins, a certain way the housing is removed etc, but if it’s a warranty repair just let the VA sort it.

1 Like