Providers and Telephones

Why are providers so interested in having hearing aid users call them? At the top of every provider web-page is a ‘call us’ in big letters. Every US mail from local providers also has a ‘call us’ in big letters.
If our phone hearing is great, we don’t need to talk to them.

They don’t seem to be interested in communicating by ordinary e-mail.

3 Likes

Are you just referring to providers for hearing aid products - like a hearing clinic or dispensary? Cuz it seems that EVERY provider of ALL services wants a phone call or even better, I see a LOT of sites requiring us to fill in a “Contact Me” web form. Like keeping us at arm’s length.

You’re right about the stingy sharing of emails tho! Unless it’s a general “info@ABCompany.net” or some such, it’s VERY RARE for an audi or provider to share their business email with us customers. I’m guessing it’s cuz they want some kind of barrier between us and them. Phone calls and contact forms are routed through a gatekeeper.

I’m VERY lucky to have had both my previous and now present audi share their business email with me, so indeed, that’s how I’d make an app’t, share information or bring up an issue.

In this situation, yes.
After-all we are looking for hearing assistance.

100% with you on this, it’s definitely one of my pet peeves of mine, everything is “CALL US” in this very industry that claims “were here to help”! Its really unacceptable but any complaints just falls on “deaf ears” you can wait days for any replys through email.

1 Like

There is a call button at the top of our mobile website. This is how most patients book appointments. But our website also offers online appointment booking, webchat, texting and emails. Maybe you just need to look around a bit? I would think most places want to make it as easy for you to contact them as possible.

As for emailing the provider directly, rather than reception, that is absolutely more controlled. Probably because there’s no time in the provider’s day to email and there’s no reimbursement structure set up for it.

You don’t put unprotected email addresses on websites as they will get continuously spammed and you lose the ability to answer your clients as their emails get lost in the avalanche.

We have a few that we answer with direct emails, many more that get messaged via our online booking system and many who prefer to phone

2 Likes

Online booking is great… if it’s offered. I just pulled up the websites of three local providers. None had online booking, but all had an online contact form. And phone number was a required field in all three, so guess how they’re intending to return the contact?