Product ideas

Is there any problems that people have that there isn’t currently a product to solve the problem? I would like to make a product that solves a problem that the community of cochlear implant wearers have. Thanks

We need the ability to dual-blutooth output from an Iphone. This may be available for other phones, but apple does not support this as of yet. This would allow users to stream to both the CI and a hearing aid at the same time, regardless of model.

How about hear normally in all situations. For everyone.

Not possible for most of use hearing impaired people with severe and profound hearing loss.

LE audio is expected to solve this problem soon but i can’t say apple will implement it like the rest of the industry would be able to…

you are being rude to vast majority of people, i have a moderate to profound loss, you and a lot of people know full well it isn’t perfect, i never claim it is a perfect device, i am stuck with it for life, and you are in a hearing loss forum…

2 Likes

Ssa are you saying I shouldnt say I would like normal hearing in a hearing loss forum. I’m deaf without my hearing aids. What in God’s name do you think I would wish for. Better speech in sound? Please don’t try to lecture me. It was an honest answer based on personal experiences.

Sensible and realisable ideas only please.

Sorry, I didn’t understand the question.
What exactly are you looking for? What do you represent? A company or something?

1 Like

Op must have some kind of magic wand. He seems to feel that he can correct problems no one else can. PS. I hope that doesn’t insult everyone on this forum.

1 Like

I am looking at whether the cochlear implant community has any problems that they will would like a product to help solve them. This is for a Business studies project.

1 Like

People might have an issue that is easily solved but no one has tried eg losing a cochlear implant. Or the current products for that issue could have flaws.

Another issue I have is ear overload. Often I have my CI on my ear, and eyeglasses, and hearing protection for my other ear, and a hat, and maybe even a mask. A good product to invent would fulfill these needs but not use my ear. Maybe hang off of a hat? not sure. I do have a husqvarna hard had which combines ear protection, hard had, and face shield. This is a big win for me when working outdoors and does not impact my CI ear.
I think my biggest ear overload currently is my reading glasses combined with my CI. When we were using covid masks it was crazy and my ear was literally bending 90 degrees trying to hold everything on.
Good luck on your project and I hope this helps!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The N7 and K2 processors can not be paired with the Nucleus Smart app at the same time. It would be nice to be able to swap processors easily.

Having true hands free phone calls like Phonak has with both iOS and Android phones. No need for a separate device to accomplish this.

Wish list.

1 Like

Regarding the application, I have a solution. Android has an option to use dual apps, see this video how to do it.
Hope it works for you.

1 Like

Technically this exists with Advanced Bionics cochlear implant and the Phonak Marvel Link hearing aid. That doesn’t help those already implanted with other brands, though, I realize.

1 Like

But, AB doesn’t have off the ear processors. That was the deal breaker for me.

1 Like

Thank you. That helps so much. I actually have the same problem.

Exactly. I totally understand that. After a few months with the processor on the ear I would like the option of off ear. I chatted with a candidate for CI by phone recently and that was his struggle. It will happen.

This is an excellent idea! Who wants to constantly pair one or the other? It’s a pain. I also agree with the off the ear option. The reason I was happy my doctor implanted Cochlear devices was because of the bluetooth capability. I was also why I did not chose a K1 SP.

To touch on this further, it would be nice if the audiologist could map one device (say K2) and when you connected another device, N7, the app would recognize that the other device did not have the new settings and be able to update the new mapping to the other device. When I have a new mapping, I have to bring the other device to have the updated settings mapped to the other device. One shouldn’t have to or remember to carry their other device to their audi appointment.

2 Likes