Processor upgrade is due in 2022

My Health Insurance allows me to upgrade my processor every 3 years. I got my N7 processor 2 years after Cochlear introduced the new N7. Cochlear introduce a new processor every 5-7 years. My current processor is working really well, and I haven’t had any problems with it other than requiring new rechargeable batteries.

I’m not sure if I should upgrade to another N7 or hold off to see if the new N8 is being released anytime soon. Have any of our N7 recipients heard any news on when the N8 being released?

I know next to nothing about cochlear implants but to me it makes sense to wait. If yours starts working less well, then you could replace it, but unless I’m missing something I don’t see an advantage in having a spare.

2 Likes

From what I have read the N8 is in clinical trials and will probably be released sometime next year.

4 Likes

Thanks Pat, so probably 2023 for us Aussies as we’re always 6 months behind the US releases.

1 Like

Hi
How often you have to purchase new rechargeable batteries? How long does rechargeable batteries lasts and what it costs in Australia ?

Batteries last a long time, around 2 years for me.
New compact battery $210.00
New standard battery $218.00
New Y charger $155.00.
SadLy they are not cheap.

But depending on your age “over 65” get theirs free through Hearing Australia
“under 65” get theirs free from NDIS if you apply and are accepted as a member.