Problems with TV Streamer for ReSound LiNX Quattro - Not Pairing

Just recently upgraded to ReSound LiNX Quattro and I now have a problem with my TV streamer (TV/Micro-Mu). I went through the pairing process with no problem and it worked for a few minutes then dropped out. I tried everything I could think of before uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone. This made no difference.

When I select the streamer using the app it reports that it is connected but after about 10 seconds it drops the connection and reverts to “All-Around” (the default setting). Any idea what could be causing this?

What version of TV streamer do you have? The older MK 1 won’t work with the newer Quattro which uses TV Streamer2.
But if its not that,have you tried using without the use of the App,you don’t need the App, just use in the normal way, straight connection between your HAs and the streamer to see if this helps.

1 Like

Yes I think one needs to pair the new Quattros with the TV streamer. The app is only an observer, so to speak.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I have the TV Streamer 2.

I turned the app off then tried pairing again. Still nothing.

@Weirb

Have you figured out the issue as all?

I’m afraid not. I tried another streamer and it didn’t work I then loaded the the Smart 3D app onto my wife’s phone and tried it but it did not work either.

Had to give up in the hope that some future software update will get it going again.

What phone are you using?

You have to pair the Quattros with the TV streamer 2. That is nothing to do with the app nor with the phone. I have edited this as I have now read the instructions which are at:

Then once the Quattros are paired to the TV Streamer 2, you can pair them to you phone and only after that has been done, do you pair them with the Smart 3D app.

1 Like

I’ve got it now and you put me on the right track David. It seemed to be a fight between the Smart 3D app on my phone and the streamer.

I was pairing the streamer and using the app on my phone to control it. For some reason the phone app was grabbing control and changing the setting from TV/Micro-Mu to the default (All around).

After messing about with it again this afternoon I began wondering if the app was the problem. I decided to turn my phone off and go back to square one. I connected everything up from scratch, paired the streamer with the aids and Bob’s your uncle, it worked! I then turned the phone back on and all is now good.

Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

@Weirb

Excellent. I’m glad it’s sorted now.

1 Like

Excellent. Post again here if you have any further problems with this and I’ll put my thinking cap on again!

1 Like

This has been really helpful, thank you.

Turning off the phone(s) and then pairing first the multi mic to channel one and then the TV streamer to channel two seems to have resolved all the confusion within the be more app

2 Likes