Problem with Oticon Opn and Apple iOS 14.2

You are correct. I jumped the gun going back to the problem with 14.2.

As I said, I’m on 14.4.1,OPN and all is well.

Perhaps his HAs have a problem.

@steven1 do you have another iOS device like an iPad, or maybe your old iPhone 7, or maybe a friend’s iPhone you can try quickly and see if you can isolate the cause? It may be the phone itself, it may be the OS (although my iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 14.4 works fine), or it may be the OPN 2 themselves for some reason.

Is your OPN 2 on the latest firmware (what is it right now)? Maybe it’s a combination of the OPN firmware and the iOS version. Who knows… But the more things you can try, the better you may be able to isolate the cause.

They work fine on my iPhone 7 which is also running 14.4.1.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple yesterday until someone admitted that this is a known problem and has been “archived” by the engineers, meaning that they don’t want to go public with what they know about the issue.

I don’t know how to check the firmware version of my OPNs… hint?

With the current version of the Oticon ON program, hit the “Hearing aids” item at the lower right side of the app screen then tap on either the left or right hearing aid and the next screen should show the Firmware and Serial number.

I’m using an iPhone 12 mini running iOS 14.4.1 with Oticon On version 2.3.1 with Oticon OPN S 1 aids. You can find the Oticon ON version by Settings - General - iPhone Storage and then scrolling down to find Oticon ON and taping it. Mine is using 56.4 MB of memory so is down the list a ways.