Problem with a new receiver

Continuing with my previous topic ‘Need A Hearing Aid Programmer for Resound Magna’.

Firstly, my left hearing aid has been repaired by HARS, they placed a new receiver but it seems that they didn’t backup the sound setting.

Originally, I was going to find a hearing aid programmer but I asked Amplifon if they could help me. Amplifon restored it with Resound Aventa 3 software but the sound isn’t the same as before. The sound is quite low and doesn’t meet my personal hearing sounds. I assume that there is something wrong with a new receiver.

I emailed HARS, they tested it and it seems fine (I guess they were just testing a hearing aid, not sound process).

I am not sure if a new receiver does support the comprehensive technologies and compatible with resound magna 2 including resound Aventa 3 software. Are there different type of receivers? Is it kind of fixed?

Model:
Resound Magna 2 (Behind the ear)

No it’s most likely they just need to increase the gain a little bit, I presume that Ampilfon replaced with the same level of power as you old receiver? If they restored it to your original settings then it should sound the same as before.

So to answer your other question

Yes there is, but for RIC type HAs it’s pretty easy to check, it’s written on the receiver, something like 2M (size 2 wire, medium power) but you have BTE.

So it does look likely you’ll need to visit a clinic and get them to make further adjustments for you.

HARS repair centre replaced it. Amplifon (clinic) restored an original setting and tried to slightly increase the gain but it stays the same. What is kind of name that a receiver have specific power level? That might be reason why the sound is low, a receiver should have more power.

Well something’s not right if they did increase the gain and your not noticing it? It would be a good idea to check your ears for a build up of wax, also check the tube and mold and make sure there’s nothing blocking the sound.

No I don’t believe this will be the case, you have the Magna 2 so it can only be one size receiver, SP (super power)

Can you swap your molds over and check you have the same issue, so fit the right side HA to your left and see what happens.

You have a SP (Super power) one of ReSounds most powerful, so I think this is just not set up correctly for your loss, go back and ask them to redo the fitting.

I will know the difference when the sound is distorted then change the tube.

I have tried to switch the hearing aids, same issue. So, it means that the receiver is no good, I’ve contacted HARS and will get a full refund.