Problem connecting my Signia CROS Pure C&G IX to my android phone and my android TV

Trying to pair my hearing aids to my phone, I’m able to pair the app to my Samsung G6 phone, but I’m not getting audio to my hearing aids. My android TV can’t even find the hearing aids to pair. I specifically asked if I needed some sort of streamer and was told no. Can anyone help me resolve these issues?

I can’t comment on your tv as I don’t know what type of bluetooth it has, but for phone it’s a straight connection, so you don’t actually need the app to pair your HAs to the phone, use the phone’s Bluetooth settings to connect, and then sometime later you can connect with the App if you wanted.

Without looking it up, I think Signia uses ASHA Bluetooth (Low Energy) which is pretty much standard with iPhones but not Android. My Signia pure C&G AX will not pair with my Samsung phone (for audio) or my computer or tablet. Signia publishes a list of compatible Samsung phones on their website. I use the Signia Streamline Mic to pair to my phone, computer, and tablets and I use the Signia Streamline TV to pair to my TV. Both work very well. Like you, I was told Signia HA’s would work with Android. Unfortunately, they only work with some.
The app itself works with most phones, however, including my Samsung

Um no that’s incorrect, ASHA is an Android thing for hearing aids, nothing to do with Apple
(thank god) Apple have their own respective protocol MFi.

Well your not doing something right (depending on your model from Samsung) what model have you got?

The App works with any android phone running Android version 9, don’t go by the Signia compatibility list, it’s completely out of wack.

Right, that was completely wrong. I should have looked it up.

I have a Galaxy A13. To stream audio from my phone and other devices to my Signia C&G 7AX’s, I have to use the Signia Streamline Mic

Yes, the app does work with my phone, Android Version 13. But the phone doesn’t support ASHA, which, I believe, explains the need for an intermediary device.

Oh yeah a bit low spec, still it’s more modern then the S9 which is listed, A51 is listed also, you could get one of those refurbished for quite cheap less then $100, I never really liked the streamline, I used to run flat within a couple of hours of continuous use, went through 2 of them in the first 12 months! I think they pop these out at a lower quality because a number of other manufacturers use the same design.

Actually the A12 has support, has your A13 got Bluetooth version 5?, if so it could well be too.

Yeah, it’s weird which Samsungs have ASHA support. My A13-5G has Android Ver 13 and Bluetooth Ver 5.0, but not ASHA support. Signia’s List of ASHA compatible Android Devices is Here
I have thought about buying a different phone, but my set-up works OK for me, so I’m not too motivated. I keep thinking Samsung might provide a compatibility update, but so far they haven’t, as far as I know.

Yes you’d think they would, but with LE Audio with Auracast release, I’d say they’ll be putting this on the back burner! But as you say, your set up at the moment works, so that’s all that matters.

2 Likes