Price on Oticon OPN

If you want portability with bass, I’d reccomend trying over-the-ear heaphones. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 250’s and they’re excellent. No feedback from the aid, ample bass response, and they’re open enough that I can hear someone talking to me when I have them on.

Now I have no idea if this style is bad for the aid or anything, but my audiologist didn’t seem to think it would be an issue. Obviously the whole “listen to it at acceptable volume” argument applies :slight_smile:

MNWild46 thank you for the recommendation. I don’t usually listen to music when I’m out and about. The music streaming for me was just checking out the streaming. I’m one of those folks that has an almost constant stream of internal music happening that having background music playing doesn’t work for me. For me to enjoy music I have to refocus/focus on it which takes away from what I’m doing.

I emailed Oticon. They do not have a release date for Oticon ON app for android.

Picked up my Opn’s yesterday, upgraded from Agile Pro. Wow!!! I hear things I have not heard in a very long time. Also my wife commented on how nice it was to have the TV at a normal volume. I can hear and understand the TV much better than before. They connected right up to my iPhone, but, the volume is not loud enough. Waiting to here back from my Audiologist to find out if there is a setting he can do to correct that. Other than that, I am VERY happy with them. And so is my wife!

Update: Talked to my Audiologist yesterday and he said there were lots of settings for the phone once I had it paired up. Will make the trip (60 miles) on Tuesday to set the phone and also put in a program for riding my bicycle to keep the wind noise down.

Could you share your WRS results? I am trying Opn but don’t see the difference in understanding recorded sound. Background sounds are great in this HA anyway.

What is WRS?

Since the title of the thread is Price on Oticon OPN I thought I’d report that I just ordered a pair of OPNs (my first aids) from a local audiologist here in Buffalo for $2800/ear (or $5600 total). The price includes all the follow up appointments I’ll need for the initial fitting, all adjustments and repairs for 3 years. There’s a 75 day trial period where I can return them for a full refund. I’ll be the first person the audiologist will fit on the OPNs, but she sounds interested in doing it. She also said that if I don’t like the OPNs, I can look into the Phonak Pro line or the top of the line Resounds as alternatives.

WRS is Word Recognition Score.

There’s another number you need to know – the Speech Recognition Threshold.

Basically, they have you listen to a list of words and determine how loud the words have to be for you to recognize the word 50% of the time. That’s your Speech Recognition Threshold. Then they increase the volume well above the SRT and read another list of words to determine what percentage of the words you recognize when they’re loud enough. Some people lose their ability to understand speech even if the volume is loud enough, and that’s one of the things they’re testing for.

I am picking up a pair of OPNs tomorrow. I have tested them over the last two weeks and found them somehow superior to Trax 42 (that I have been demoing as well). I do like the direct iPhone Bluetooth connection.

The price from my audi is $4,600 for the pair; which is $2,000 more than the Trax 42 HAs but I think it is worth it. The price includes fitting and subsequent adjustments.

What a fantastic price on OPN from an Audi !!

M

Seems pretty close to right for a mid-range version.

Oticon told me that there are only one level for OPNs. Makes it a whole bunch less confusing…

M

Would like to see your feedback not only on the Oticon OPN’s but also BuyHear.com… I am looking into this brand model and buyhear.com as well as the Siemens 7px models…not sure which is better.

From what I’ve heard there is only one version of the OPN.

I think buyhear sells both models. They’re pretty open and up front. I would ask which them for feedback. They have gotten very good feedback about the OPNs.

Abarsanti - Please don’t use the word “feedback”… :wink:

Ha. Yeah true.

Considering going this route. How much is an adjustment after 60 days?

M

I just ordered through them and had the same question. They said it would be free of charge for adjustments during the 3 year warranty, but they only advertise the 60 days.

That sounds fishy to me. Also they told me that their remote wifi programmer you cannot buy because it is proprietary. I am gathering a list of questions to ask Monday. If can get good answers in writing then I hope to order next week.

Since this thread is about pricing for 2ea Oticon OPNs…

Pricing over the internet 2 quotes were $3598 & $4990. These had 3 year warranty and 3 year replacement (1 each side)

As far as local brick-and-mortar Audi’s quotes were $5460, $5100 and $5000. These had 3 year warranty and 2 year replacement (1 each side)

M