Pre Owned Hearing Aids

Make sure you have someone who will adjust your aids before you buy anything

2 Likes

Hi @tenkan,

I’m based in the UK.

Any idea how to find the classified section?

Hi @hass5744,

I’m hoping to download the settings from my main aids using target and then transfer that to the back up ones.

That software restricts your model choices.

1 Like

Though, I should point out that it is not very active.

2 Likes

eBay UK has some of the best deals around, @Zebras has brought some fantastic deals from Phonak there.

In what way?

2 Likes

How does Target restrict model choices?
That comment really doesn’t make since or am I misunderstanding something?

1 Like

I thought target was Phonak’s software? It would not work for Oticon aids, for instance.

1 Like

@user207

I don’t know what your audiogram is like so it’s hard to say what HAs you may like.

eBay UK is a good place to look.

The sellers I’ve bought from tho often sell Ultra Power HAs.

1 Like

I see now, you are thinking brands, not models.

Each brand has their own software.
Phonak is Target.

2 Likes

Yes as @Raudrive says, I also misunderstood what you meant.:disguised_face:

1 Like

I assumed some very old models were no longer supported either so I left my statement open ended.

1 Like

@user207 did you see this thread?

1 Like

And remember. Buyer Beware.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the help and feedback.

I have a new pair of Phonak Audeo Life Lumity L90-RL on the way from my audiologist.

I’m wondering if I’d have been better with a pair of the Phonak Audeo Paradise P90-13T, as battery life is a big thing for me.

But the Paradise were only £100 cheaper.

I also have a used pair of Audeo M90-RT on the way from ebay as a back up pair (watch this space).

I have got the Target export file from my old audiologist, which was for my old M90-13T aids and am hoping I can just transfer those settings over to the ones from ebay.

Hi @prodigyplace

Yes thanks, I’m all over ebay :grin:

1 Like

Hi
Last fall I bought the Costco Jabra’s for $1800…they are Resound Omnia…high end. Did not like all that much and returned. I decided to take a chance of Ebay…bid on a Pair of Phonak HA…were advertised as Marvel M30’s (the lowest Phonak HA with direct programming.). Good seller reputation…just a random seller. (ie not a “dealer”…). They turned out to be a pair of Paradise P70’s… Lesson was that they seller did not really know what they were…I bid on what I thought they were. Everybody was happy. Basically I got a set of almost brand new HA’s…probably equivalent to the discontinued Costco K10’s ($1400). DIY programming starting with Costco fitter specs…and TONs of help from this forum. Very happy. As everyone says…buyer beware…but I have been buying and selling on Ebay for many years…always very cautious…and have never been bitten.
My take a away…buy used…let others subsidize the HA “cartel”… :slight_smile:

Good luck

Ethan

3 Likes

You got lucky. It could have gone the other way. And so much for ebay seller ratings.

2 Likes

I have purchased 4 sets of phonak 90’s first was a M90 312 for $1000 (whch was to much) which I later sold on ebay … then found a pair of P90R for $600 which I also sold on ebay at a profit … then a pair of P90 312 for $400 which I still have … and just recently for a pair of new P90R for $275 which I am using now. all them came from Facebook Market place … and all of them seem to have originated from the VA and they all come with Roger receivers in them. I also purchased two Roger Select IN on ebay for less than $300 each they did not come with receivers in them. I have learned a lot in the last 8 months, purchase a Noahlink Wireless for $80 on ebay and have learned to program them. If I can do it anyone can :grinning:

4 Likes

Excellent. I no longer use facebook…last attempt to sell something was a disaster (due to Facebook)…but this would give me incentive to try again. I’d like to try the P90s…happy with my P70’s, but will be on the look out for some 90’s.

Ethan

1 Like