Pre Owned Hearing Aids

Hi everyone,

I’d love to know of any suggestions to buy pre owned hearing aids apart from the normal ebay/Facebook/Gumtree etc.

Thank you

Where are you based? We have a classified section here on hearing tracker, I think eBay has a pretty good selection, seems each local state in the US has their own auction sites.

1 Like

Make sure you have someone who will adjust your aids before you buy anything

2 Likes

Hi @tenkan,

I’m based in the UK.

Any idea how to find the classified section?

Hi @hass5744,

I’m hoping to download the settings from my main aids using target and then transfer that to the back up ones.

That software restricts your model choices.

1 Like

Though, I should point out that it is not very active.

2 Likes

eBay UK has some of the best deals around, @Zebras has brought some fantastic deals from Phonak there.

In what way?

2 Likes

How does Target restrict model choices?
That comment really doesn’t make since or am I misunderstanding something?

1 Like

I thought target was Phonak’s software? It would not work for Oticon aids, for instance.

1 Like

@user207

I don’t know what your audiogram is like so it’s hard to say what HAs you may like.

eBay UK is a good place to look.

The sellers I’ve bought from tho often sell Ultra Power HAs.

1 Like

I see now, you are thinking brands, not models.

Each brand has their own software.
Phonak is Target.

2 Likes

Yes as @Raudrive says, I also misunderstood what you meant.:disguised_face:

1 Like

I assumed some very old models were no longer supported either so I left my statement open ended.

1 Like

@user207 did you see this thread?

1 Like

And remember. Buyer Beware.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the help and feedback.

I have a new pair of Phonak Audeo Life Lumity L90-RL on the way from my audiologist.

I’m wondering if I’d have been better with a pair of the Phonak Audeo Paradise P90-13T, as battery life is a big thing for me.

But the Paradise were only £100 cheaper.

I also have a used pair of Audeo M90-RT on the way from ebay as a back up pair (watch this space).

I have got the Target export file from my old audiologist, which was for my old M90-13T aids and am hoping I can just transfer those settings over to the ones from ebay.

Hi @prodigyplace

Yes thanks, I’m all over ebay :grin:

1 Like

Hi
Last fall I bought the Costco Jabra’s for $1800…they are Resound Omnia…high end. Did not like all that much and returned. I decided to take a chance of Ebay…bid on a Pair of Phonak HA…were advertised as Marvel M30’s (the lowest Phonak HA with direct programming.). Good seller reputation…just a random seller. (ie not a “dealer”…). They turned out to be a pair of Paradise P70’s… Lesson was that they seller did not really know what they were…I bid on what I thought they were. Everybody was happy. Basically I got a set of almost brand new HA’s…probably equivalent to the discontinued Costco K10’s ($1400). DIY programming starting with Costco fitter specs…and TONs of help from this forum. Very happy. As everyone says…buyer beware…but I have been buying and selling on Ebay for many years…always very cautious…and have never been bitten.
My take a away…buy used…let others subsidize the HA “cartel”… :slight_smile:

Good luck

Ethan

3 Likes

You got lucky. It could have gone the other way. And so much for ebay seller ratings.

2 Likes