Power bank for Phonak P90/Costco KS10?

Looking for a backup power bank for my KS10s. They draw such a low current that my Conxwan 26800 mAh shuts down after a few minutes. Any ideas besides their own $100 power bank? Thanks.

I would think one of the lipstick case sized ones should do the job. But I don’t know.

This is what I use for my rechargeable aids when camping

1 Like

Thanks, CV. Nice to know that there’s an “always on” power bank out there.

1 Like

From my experience, power banks that have a power button tend to also stay on when charging small loads. I think this is likely not going to be universal, but so far it’s worked for me.

I haven’t had any luck with other power banks, this is the only one that has worked for me

2 Likes

My Conxwan 26800 mAh power bank has a power button. Maybe I just haven’t turned it on properly. I’ll check the documentation.

Since I already have a couple power banks for camping, I ordered a “stay alive” device off Tindie that’s supposed to send a pulse every few seconds to keep the power bank from going to auto-off on low power draw. Doesn’t work. Back to square one. I’m just gonna buy the Phonak case and battery off ebay. I like it better than my Kirkland case anyhow since the Phonak has a holder for a dessicant pack.

Just to follow up, I ended up purchasing an “always on” 10K mAh power bank made by Iniu (Model B41). It charges up my Costco KS10s, but once they’re charged up, for some reason the hearing aids begin discharging. So if I leave them in overnight, I awaken to aids at about 50%. If I leave them in for 2-3 hours then unplug the charger, they’re fully charged. The power bank works on my other devices just fine.
Thanks for your help with my question.

I purchased this power bank a few years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XW7ZVKD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_MPBEKCM454VWNR2V851A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And found out on a flight recently it works well with the hearing aids. My aids failed to charge the night before (user error :wink: and on the way to the airport I plugged them into this. Charged from 10-60% and it continued to charge. Didn’t turn off (and used like 2% max :wink:

Also it’s been a great little brick for travel.

1 Like

I put the config change in for my P90s to turn off “Auto On Behavior” so when the power quits they stay off. They are probably turning on like you pulled them out of the case.

@cvkemp posted a battery pack that stays on a while back. Maybe a search will bring them up.

Hope this helps.

WH

1 Like

WhiteHat, sorry I forgot to post this earlier, but you were right: I had Costco turn off the “Auto On” feature and now all is well. Thanks!

Also, I’ve used this power bank successfully: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZDXDG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1.

2 Likes

For the technically challenged (pertaining to power banks), is there a technical specification that I should look for when shopping for a power bank for my Phonak P90 HA? How, for example, can I tell if the bank will stay on when charging small loads?

“Trickle charge” is often an indicator. Some do this by default and some allow you to switch it on and off.