[post deleted]

Super, thanks folks. I’ll keep a lookout for an iCube II (at a more realistic price) as wireless would be more convenient but hopefully the hardware connection pans out for the time being. Yes, that 10.6MHz was probably the comms link that does the programming, streaming and remote control and as my version as the T-Coil i guess there’s a LF/AM element too. There’s certainly lots of tech crammed into these tiny devices.

Collecting wxPython
Using cached wxPython-4.2.0.tar.gz (71 MB)
Preparing metadata (setup.py) … error
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

Just having the exact same issue here.

Were you able to get the menu and try downloading? I also see errors but I am still able to download.

==================================================
= Universal Hearing Aid Software Downloader =
========================================= v1.7.4 =

Download Complete!
Press any key to continue . . .

ETA: Oh, but not that error on Preparing metadata…
Collecting wxPython
Using cached wxPython-4.2.0.tar.gz (71.0 MB)
Preparing metadata (setup.py) … done

Yes, it does refresh to the next screen (the menu options screen), however regardless of which option I choose to download, I get this error:
Python error2

this error is fine and handled

this should not be hapening though…
I’ll look into it

Ok, please download the latest version (v1.7.6) and run the start-generate-debug-log.bat file and send me the entire output of that

Thanks

Just wanted to post some of my results to this thread. This is after installing per all instructions and running as administrator…

and…

Ok, I think I see the problem, you are extracting the utility to a network drive \Mac\Home or smth, but Windows itself doesn’t support running scripts from network paths, hence the errors

I’ll probably update instructions with a troubleshooting section in the future
also, running as admin is not supported and my cause unexpected errors

@Blue - But I run Windows via Parallels. Had to replace my computer which died last week so I upgraded to Mac. There should be no technical difference running Windows on an intel based iMac Pro on Parallels. Anything I’m doing that you see is automatic. It’s not intentional.

With the exception of running via administrator. Since, usually, software like python requires special permissions at the admin level.

I’m not talking about that, I’m saying that the location in windows which you have chosen (\Mac\Home\Desktop) is a “UNC Path” which is incompatible, this often happens with network drives, or in your case, parallels

In the next update, however, I do plan on adding native mac/linux support

Try copying the files to somewhere in the C: Driver, such as C:\Users[censored]\Documents

Thanks! For all intents and purposes, I simply copied the files straight to Windows desktop on parallels, like I always do regardless of system. I think there’s some confusion here between the user-facing interface and what the technical side says.

Almost certainly, Windows virtualization is really annoying when it comes to scripts like this and cross-os file systems

Luckily 1.8.0 should have native MacOS and Linux Support when I finish it

1 Like

Thank. It’s work fine.
I’m so happy now

Thanks @Blue, @tenkan, and @pvc.

I’m trialing the Lumitys and my audi only gave me a 3-week trial. I don’t see her again until Jan. 3rd, '23 as she’s taking the week between Christmas and New Year’s off. I started getting once-a-minute chiming in both ears today. With Target 8.0.3, the default trial period is 6 weeks and just connecting the HA’s to Target, importing my fitting, and closing out renewed the trial period for 6 weeks, long enough to make it to 1/3/23.

It’s been a couple years since I’ve fooled around with Python and I’m pretty rusty with whatever little knowledge I had. I had Python 3.7 from the Windows Store installed but strangely no path to that. Perhaps I removed it to use Python with Anaconda Jupyter or VS Code? At any rate, installing Python 3.9 from the Windows Store automatically added an adequate path

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps, I think?

to the user PATH environmental variable - had only noted a path to VS Code before that in a cursory inspection of the PATH variable) and start.bat worked great after that with Python 3.9 from WS. In launching start.bat, I got a MS security block & warning in Windows 11 that I was running unknown software, but I chose the Run Anyway option under the More Information button, IIRC.

1 Like

Nice of her to do that! but at least you managed to sort it out yourself, the beauty of DIY!

1 Like

I just wanted to give you all a bit of an update. I’ve managed to set my V90 312s up thanks largely to your fantastic advice and I’m so glad i have. It’s been an iterative process to say the least but the results are impressive and has allowed me to tune and setup these amazing hearing aids to my personal requirements. I did end up getting an iCube II that’s phenomenal, much quicker and more convenient than the old £20 RS232 HiPro. I found the direct audiogram more accurate than that from my audiologist and have been experimenting with different buds. Thanks all.

1 Like

You can install the latest version of Python by simply clicking the yellow button after following a link in the OP/Original post. Or in these simplified setup instructions intended for new users, which happens to be the the first reply following the OP.

1 Like

Fantastic, always good to hear about a successful DIY project.