[post deleted]

Nice of her to do that! but at least you managed to sort it out yourself, the beauty of DIY!

1 Like

I just wanted to give you all a bit of an update. I’ve managed to set my V90 312s up thanks largely to your fantastic advice and I’m so glad i have. It’s been an iterative process to say the least but the results are impressive and has allowed me to tune and setup these amazing hearing aids to my personal requirements. I did end up getting an iCube II that’s phenomenal, much quicker and more convenient than the old £20 RS232 HiPro. I found the direct audiogram more accurate than that from my audiologist and have been experimenting with different buds. Thanks all.

1 Like

You can install the latest version of Python by simply clicking the yellow button after following a link in the OP/Original post. Or in these simplified setup instructions intended for new users, which happens to be the the first reply following the OP.

1 Like

Fantastic, always good to hear about a successful DIY project.

Thanks for the advice, @pvc. At one time, I was familiar with setting up different Python environments, etc., and preferred to run Python under Anaconda Jupyter or VS Code. But I also had a LTS version of Ubuntu running on Oracle’s VirtualBox, etc., not to mention WSL and Pengwin (I like to fool around!). Python versions coming out the wazoo. I read somewhere, maybe in this thread?, that an install from Windows Store automatically installs the right PATH parameters after Python v3.5 and whenever I decide that I really do have a few too many copies of Python, it’s easy to uninstall a WS version of Python. So, since I’m a RYFM type, my WS “solution” was just lazy expediency. I certainly found out in my old age that one can easily forget a lot in a short time and maybe, too, that’s why I was bad at precisely following the great instructions you folks have provided with the Universal Downloader! Thanks again for all you’ve done!

Many thanks to Blue/Bluebotlabz!

This downloader is excellent. I used it to download Phonak Target 8.0.3. I took a quick look at the Github page, downloaded the zipfile, extracted it and opened these 3 scripts:

start.bat
Phonak Target Downloader.py
libhearingdownloader.py

The script is doing nothing special, it downloads a specific file which has a summary of all needed files and then it starts downloading those individual files. The clever part was for Blue to find that specific file describing all the other files needed.

I ran the script on my Mac as it already has Python installed. I manually installed (pip3 install ) the modules which on Windows are normally installed by the start.bat file by refering to the 2 requirements.txt files. After that I could run the script and successfully download the software.

This is just great!

4 Likes

The script is doing nothing special, it downloads a specific file which has a summary of all needed files and then it starts downloading those individual files.

hehe lol, just wait till you see the others, parsing the files was honestly one of the most painful parts of making the scripts (thanks xml lol), phonak was one of the easy ones lol

glad that you found it helpful!

2 Likes

tch, tch, … regex and XML are great! Thank you for your expertise! :slightly_smiling_face:

regex? you underestimate me lol

1 Like

I never graduated from kindergarten with regex and XML (although almost 20 years ago I surprised myself processing a text mailing list of >300 member names and addresses using regex in C# to capture name and address information into XML for a database import). I never even got to preschool on web services! But one of my favorite programs of all time is Altova’s XMLSpy followed by Adobe FrameMaker for similar reasons. I just like markup!

Hi,
Where can I download Phoank Target 7.3?

@Blue do you have a link to download Phoank Target 7.3?

Sure, but don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well for DIY projects.

Why was the post deleted? May I be contacted to have access to the Github repo?

I was wondering the same thing :frowning:

It’s self explanatory, I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been locked as yet…

Thank you all for the help, Here in Italy it is impossible to find this life-changing information for hearing aid owners.
Can I leave Phonak Target online or is there a risk of it getting blocked with automatic updates?

No it is not impossible. Read the first PDF file in DIY School named (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software).
Click any PVC Avatar to find DIY School.

1 Like

No you’ll be fine, but don’t forget that you’ll need the correct programming device as well for DIY projects.

1 Like

Please, do you have a link to download Phoank Target 7.3?.
Thank,s