PIP assessment and expert input

Hi, I am applying for PIP allowance and I am at loss as to who to put down as my health expert/carer.

In 2021, I went to my GP with hearing issues and was referred on. I was diagnosed with sensorineural hearing loss in Nov 2021 and was given hearing aids in early 2022 by my local hospital. My GP was informed by letter.

The support from hospital was non-existent. I was given a pair of basic HAs and told to get on with it. Communication is difficult as they have an unmanned phoneline where you leave messages and someone gets back to you whenever - not easy in my job as I am a teacher.

Nearly three years on, there is definite deterioration. I called the hospital asking for a retest and they said to call back in November (three years to my appointment date) and I’ll be put on a 12 week waiting list.

I went to Costco and Specsavers and got a free hearing test and wrote to my GP. She referred me to another hospital and I have an appointment in November to retest me and check my hearing etc. This appointment is scheduled for after my PIP application is due.

So who do I give as the ‘expert’ in my hearing loss.

My GP? The audiologist who wrote to my GP in 2022? The audiologist in 2021 who did my test - whose name I don’t know?

I do not have a single point of contact or support and have no idea who to put down as the health expert. I do not know who to ask to write in support of my application.