Phone cannot connect to both devices simultaneously

I have NHS Abio S 67 and Motorola G62 5G running Android 12 update S1SSS32.53-82-4 and BeMore last updated 13/02/23.
Starting on 15 March, the phone will not connect to both devices simultaneously. It will connect to either if I leave the other one unpowered. Before 15 March the two sides worked perfectly since the phone was new in November 2022.
I have done a factory reset and trashed all apps, but the fault persists.
It surprises me that the audiologists’ configuration software gives both sides the same name, which seems to be asking for the sort of problem I have! They say they cannot override the software to change the names.

I have now tried using my wife’s Samsung Galaxy A40, running Android 11, and I have the same issue - suggesting that it is BeMore that needs fixing.

Any MFi Aids which your Aids are, can’t run simultaneously on two devices. Just how they work.

I think we have a misunderstanding of terminology here. By ‘devices’, I mean the two hearing aids.
The two aids worked perfectly well with BeMore on two different phones, before exhibiting the current issue apparently spontaneously in March.
At present, my phone is using BeMore connected to my right aid, and my wife’s phone is performing the same function with my left aid. Being retired, we are together most of the time, so at least I can configure and find both aids.

Have you tried removing the app and pairing both aids at the same time to the phone?
The aids do not need the app to stream calls.
At least this is my understanding.

1 Like

Are you able to change the program or volume when pressing the button on the hearing aid for both hearing aids?

If not, then the HAs are not linked together which might explain why they both can’t be paired to the App.

My phone does not support streaming.

I cannot get the phone to connect to both aids simultaneously. I can connect to either one, with the power off on the other one, but not the second one.

1 Like

I can change the program on both aids, and in both cases this is shown by BeMore on the connected phone.

By your statement, can you change programs etc on the App at the same time on the same phone?

As I said before, hearing aids have to be paired in the software for the hearing aids for them to both be paired to the App.

I agree. The aids were successfully paired in the software on one phone and the app was working perfectly until spontaneously ceasing correct operation on March 15.
I began this topic to report this spontaneous failure and my unsuccessful attempts to restore correct operation, and request suggestions on how to do so.

Hi user622,

As Zebras asked, can you change the program or volume on both hearing aids using the hearing aid buttons?

The reason he asked this is because individual hearing aids need to know that they are part of a pair. If hearing aids are not correctly paired to each other (ignoring the phone software pairing), then the problem you are talking about will happen.

For example, if you have had only one hearing aid replaced, then your audiologist would need to program the correct serial number in to the replacement hearing aid to allow it to communicate with your original and remain hearing aid.

This type of fault can also happen if the stored settings in one hearing aid are reset or lost due to physical or radiation damage. To have this fixed you need to see your audiologist, it is unlikely to be your phone causing the problem.

1 Like

Does this happen even when you only have one Bluetooth device (phone) in the area?

I ask because this is what now happens to me sometimes. I have a personal phone and a work phone. I usually only want to connect to my personal phone, but have paired my HAs with both for the occasional time when I want to stream from my work phone, so I usually turn off bluetooth to my work phone. However, I have noticed that if I have accidentally left bluetooth on both phones and they are both within range of my HAs, one side will connect to each phone. I can fix it by turning off the bluetooth on the phone I am not trying to stream to.

Thanks Ian.

I will ask the audiologist to trash the existing settings and set them both up from scratch.

I have had one of them replaced, but the problem started a few weeks after the replacement was provided.

The problem is present all the time!

In general, I have one phone operational. At present, when my wife’s phone is close by, I can see one aid on each phone. If I was to lose the aid which my wife’s phone is connected to, I will be able to use her phone to locate the aid.

1 Like