Phone calls to hearing aids

I have a pair of Widex Magnify hearing aids and via Bluetooth from my phone (Oppo A77 5g) I can hear music and notifications, but when I receive a phone call I can not hear the other person and they can’t hear me.
Is there a solution to this or do I need a new phone?
I am looking at a Moto G54 5g which claims to have Bluetooth LE, but I don’t want to purchase it and find it won’t work.
Thanks
Lorraine

The key is check to make sure the phone you have or plan on getting is compatible with your hearing aids.Widex should have a list of compatible phones on their website.

1 Like

I’m thinking if it’s streams music then it’ll do phone calls, so there’s two settings, one for media and one for calls, check your Bluetooth settings to be sure, this from Motorola website for your model.
“After pairing with a device, you’ll need to set sharing options and then you can use Bluetooth”

1 Like

Unfortunately the compatibility list is not up to date and at the moment only seems to show the expensive Samsung phones, I know of at least several phones that are not on the list.
I wrote to Motorola and they claim their phone is compatible
Thanks
Lorraine

I have learned something with hearing aid compatibility, and that is if it isn’t on the list that is published then your odds of your phone working properly with your aids is slim. I choose my aids for what they are designed to primarily to do, and that is to allow me to carry on a conversation with people in front of me. Then i choose my phone by what my hearing aids are known to work with.

1 Like