Phonak's Roger On V2

Question - I have the full set and I’d like to purchase 1-2 docking stations so I can connect them to additional TVs as fixed ones, without moving from one to the other.
In my country it is not possible to purchase, do you know if in US or other countries it is possible and what would be the cost? (full cost w/o insurance, etc)
Thanks

Maybe eBay is best???

2 Likes

Alibaba, AliExpress, Facebook Market?
Relatives in Europe, USA?

1 Like

It’s quite easy to get on the UK, but expensive for what it is. I prefer the TV Connector for stereo sound quality.

1 Like

Phonak doesn’t sell the docking stations separately, unfortunately. eBay might be your best bet.

2 Likes

Don’t think this place posts aboard but don’t know if you have friends/family in the UK.

There is this one on Ebay for US$ 39.99. There are also some Roger On’s for sale for US$69.99 (parts only) which include the base. Although it says parts only, you should be ok, that just means you can’t return it.

I purchased a couple for the same reason and have had no problem with them.

2 Likes

@raylock1, thank you, this is helpful. I tried to search in ebay for 1 more docking station exactly like this one in the link you shared, but could not find. In case you do, please let me know. Thanks!

@user999 How about this one? Listing says more than 10 available.

@user999

That photo is a RogerOn base unit, not a Select

Thanks. What I have is roger on v2, what should I ask the seller to ensure it is compatible with mine? I do not know for instance if the docking station of v1 and v2 are the same. I tried to get support from Phonak online, but only got references to providers and not answers to my questions.
I’m attaching a picture of what I have

Looks exactly like my v1 base.

WH

Agree with WhitHat. Appears to be identical to mine used with V1. I have not seen anything that suggests that the V1 and V2 are physically different in size or shape. I assume the version 2 also uses the standard C connector.

Even though both my Roger Select and Roger On base units quote “Dolby”, and both my TV’s have Toslink, neither provide a stereo feed to my Marvels or Paradise. Yes, I get sound to both ears, but it isn’t stereo, whereas the TV Connectors are both stereo. It isn’t the cable, as I unplug the same cable from one and put it in the other. I’ve upgraded firmware on the Roger On, reset both to factory, and still no change. This, obviously, affects my opinion on comparing TV sound quality.

Peter

NOT surprised!! That is what the Phonak rep told me when she was demo-ing the Roger V2 a few weeks ago. She was not sympathetic or supportive of folks buying these devices at eBay or CraigsList or wherever if it was “off the grid”. It’s caveat emptor.

I think Phonak jealously guards their revenue stream, and the LAST thing they want is folks gaming the sytem by spending a fraction of the cost to get the Roger kits or use the same license to transfer back and forth to more than one pair of aids. Kinda sticks in my craw … but it is what it is.

Same thing with the Tilly hats folks were raving about last week. They have a lifetime guarantee but not if you bought yours second hand in a thrift shop.

Once again, i believe that Phonak has the best customer service in the industry.