Phonak Zoom Control

I have Naida S IX CRTs. I have a manual program for stereo zoom and another for zoom control.

I know the stereo zoom only works to the front.

I thought the zoom control worked to the rear and also to either side. The video on Zoom Control on the Phonak site shows shows the button being touched to zoom to the front or back and the button on either side to zoom it to the left or right.

I can press the button on the HA once to get stereo zoom and once again to get manual zoom to the rear. But when I press the button again I advance to the next manual program rather than changing the zoom to the left or right as show in the video.

How do I zoom it to the left or right?

According to Phonak’s website, zoom control should automatically track speech around you regardless of the direction. That is a moving person should always be tracked and their speech focused upon by the stereo microphones on your two aids.

regards,
TerryB

I was incorrect when I said the video was a Phonak one. it was actually does by CrystalHearing in the UK. Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA4gJFFSuRo

it shows the button being pushed to change the direction but this must be for ZoomControl rather than Auto ZoomControl

Here is what it says on the Phonak Website:

"Ability to choose the hearing focus - ZoomControl combines real-audio streaming with directional beamforming for a truly unique benefit – the ability to choose in which direction to focus hearing. Finally you can offer clients a real solution to challenging situations where they cannot face the speaker, such as listening in a car. Ability to choose the hearing focus

“ZoomControl combines real-audio streaming with directional beamforming for a truly unique benefit – the ability to choose in which direction to focus hearing. Finally you can offer clients a real solution to challenging situations where they cannot face the speaker, such as listening in a car. ZoomControl can be used either with the remote control myPilot or manually.”

The words “ability to choose” are misleading. if you click the link for “more” there is a Phonak 2 minute video that does confirm what you said: that is the HA automatically focuses on the dominant speech source - you do not have to, nor can you choose the direction.

I don’t know if this helps but I think ZoomControl is a seperate program in which you have to decide in which direction you want the hearing aid to focus. for instance, my program 3 is ZoomControl to the right of where I’m facing. That is the only ZoomControl program that I have currently available, but I could also get one for the left, and one for behind me as long as I had available program slots.

Long press central button of MyPilot to activate Left/Right/Fwd/Rear mode

Long press central button to exit.

(If enabled in the software)

If you have no MyPilot then you will need to set up individually defined directions as unique programs … which will soon eat up the program slots!

If you have the mypilot, could you then have the other programme slots on your aids set up with different programmes and then all your zoom control is all on the middle button on the mypilot?