Phonak VS Oticon

Hi all,
I am a newbie to this forum, but I have been wearing hearing aids since I was 10 (I am 50). I have a sensory neural hearing loss that is progressive. My loss is 85-90 at it’s worst. Sorry I don’t have my audiogram (reverse cookie bite?)

I am trialing the Oticon Alta Pro RITE with a dome and it is whistling like crazy. I like the Oticon sound (I had the Oticon Syncro prior)

I also trialed the Phonak Audeo RITE with a dome and it did not whistle at all. I had trouble with the “tinny” sound and the peripheral mics did not work well for me. People would be talking next to me and I didn’t know they were there.

My question is:

1. Can the Oticon Alta Pro “feedback” be adjusted?
  2. Can the “power zoom” feature on the Phonak Audio be adjusted

Thanks & love the info on here!

Jackie

Hi, I would try a bigger dome, perhaps a double dome, on the Alta. I was demoing an aid once that whistled horribly. As soon as the dome was switched, it stopped. If you don’t like the occlusion a large dome has, your audi can snip the dome in a couple of places to allow for the. The feedback can be adjusted on the Alta, and probably most aid.

I demoed the Phonak Audeo Q90 and had the same issues as you…I didn’t like the tinny sound, nor did I like the stereozoom function. It didn’t work near as well as the Siemen Pure Micon 7 mi (at least for me) and the 7mi’s are what I’ve ended up with. I find they have a natural sound, the speech in noise is wonderful.