Phonak TVLink vs. Phonak TV Connector

Hi - my first post here. I am getting ready to replace my hearing aids and will be getting the Phonak Paradise 90. However, my question is regarding accessories to listen to the television.
I am confused when I see the info on the Phonak TVLink and Phonak TV Connector.
What is the difference?

Thanks

You will need the TV Connector with the Marvel and Paradise hearing aids.
The TVLink and TVLink 2 are for the older Phonak aids.

1 Like

I have Phonak Marvels and have found the TV connector to be an awesome accessory. Other can listen to the TV at a comfortable level and I get the sound directly through my devices. It pairs seamlessly. There is some adjustment as my spouse has had to ge used to the idea that when we are watching TV she has to pause the TV to speak with me. I keep the setting on my device to decrease outside noise so that I can whatever we are watching more clearly. I have also found in some situations its easier to have the TV connector set up to something like a computer than trying to pair and re- pair via bluetooth even though my devices have that capability. Also the best price I have found on the TV connector is from Costco. I got my first connector that was branded by Phonak and paid a premium, the next 2 devices I purchased from Costco and have found the device is identical to the Phonak device except for some labeling in the box and the device. I paid 99.00 at Costco which i thought was much more reasonable.

2 Likes

I just got my Paradise P90s yesterday. I didn’t get the TV connector yet as wanted to see how the hearing aids did w// TV. Oh my gosh. I can here the TV very well. I was so surprised. I will probably get the TV connector, as it will be easier to hear w/o have to process quite as much while watching. It is tiring.

I also recently got P90’s and I did get the connector. I agree I can hear the t.v. now very well, so I don’t currently use it daily. However, I will use the connector for movies, shows etc. that I really want to pay attention too. The connectors clarity is simply unmatched, it’s sound is vibrant and clear and… when the t.v. is muted you can still hear it. So, you could watch show\movie with it muted for others but you hear it very well(this is using the digital audio out connector on my t.v.). The setup is plug and play. The only downside is that I have to leave it off until needed, otherwise My S10+ will default to it at certain times, like when I first put them on or walk out of the house and back in, weird quirk. Still, I highly recommend it. Yes, hearing can be exhausting :slight_smile: it’s getting better with time though, I wear mine all day every day and love them.

1 Like

Same here. All day long. First time w/ rechargeable as I wanted the 90s. The battery remaining was 35% after 14 hours wearing. Some music streaming. Does that sound about right as to what you are seeing with yours?
I am in Day 2 snd I am amazed in the speech clarity and the streaming music and BT phone calls.

35% is better than I get at 14 hours. I am closer to 25% at 14 hours with some streaming.

1 Like

I chose the non-rechargeable ones. It’s not entirely unusual for me to work a 20 hour day and I didn’t want to worry about them dying. I am currently only getting about 5 days, and that’s barely, with very little streaming, but a good amount of BT calls daily, many lasting an hour or more. I expected closer to 7 days but it’s ok. I am still very happy with them.

1 Like