Phonak TV Link

I got the Phonak Compilot/TV Link last Wed. and set it up as per the instructions. All paired up, hooked and then tried it out (BOOMB). It would stream beautifully through the MP3 player, stream beautifully going through the phone jack on the receiver (entertainment center) but wouldn’t stream (no audio) when hooked to the red and white wudio out plugs on the back of the TV (as per instructions). I then went upstairs where we have an extra TV which is only hooked up to cable with nothing but it’s own speakers. I hooked the TV Link up to tahe red/white plugs on it and still no audio.to stream.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

PS: I believe the little Compilot is going to turn out to be a very useful accessory.

Are you sure you were hooking up to the audio out and not the audi in jacks? If you are plugging into the audi in you will get no audio. Some TV’s today do not have audio out jacks only audio in ( try to figure that one out).

No doubt about it but thanks.

Are the lights on the TVLink and ComPilot steady blue? If not, you may need to re-pair them. You can also do a self test by turning off the TVLink and then pressing the minus and power buttons together until the light starts to blink. The ComPilot will connect and you’ll hear a musical tone. Push any key on the TVLink to cancel.

Jim,
Another possibility, some of the newer TV’s also need to be directed the the audio out source you want to use, otherwise they go to the TV speakers.

My ignorance is to blame guy’s. I thought the TV cable box was for inputing digital data to the TV to convert to audio and video signals. Well I was partially right. :D. There is also an extra set of red. white and yellow plugs intended for for accessory devixes. I plugged in the TV Link to the red and white plugs and presto;):D:) I had a beautiful streaming TV audio coming in through my hearing aids and everything worked great (volume, pause, etc. Now,I guess I’m never satisfied because I would really like a tone control.:p.
Anyway, thanks for taking an interest in my dumb situation and please forgive me.
Thanks,
Jim

Tone control possible via fine-tuning of the TV streaming program :slight_smile:
But must be done by your HCP.
Cheers, Michael Phonak