Phonak TV link

Hello there I have recently started wearing Naida S III UP from Phonak. I have there TV link which includes the TV link basestation and iCom combined. I had to get the microphone disabled to enjoy the TV better - with the hearing aids I was picking up alot of other noises. Just wondering about the duration of the TV link - well the iCom, after it’s charged for 2 hours - I only get about 4 hours use from it before I have to recharge it again - is the normal?

Hz.250…500…1K…1.5K…2K…3K…4K…6K…8K
L…110…90…105…90…75…75…70…55…80
R…50…70…70…60…40…25…25…15…35
Bone…50…70…35…10

Notes:
Left Ear – profound rising to moderately severe mixed loss
Right Ear – severe rising to mild predominately sensorineural loss

ICom is well known for very weak battery. Mine stated 5 h and i only made 4 h so i returned it.

If you can, return Icom and Tvlink to audi and order Compilot and TvLinkS.
Compilot has better battery life (Phonak claim 8+ h While Icom has <5) and integrates remote in it. Price should be similar and first impressions from peoples here are great.

I will be getting a ComPilot with my first HAs next week. If you can return youiCom an dTVLink, you may want to consider getting a Sony HWS-BTA2W instead of the TVLink. You can get one for about $50 rather than the $150 for the TVLink. It is said to work with an iCom so I have to think it will work with a ComPilot. I already have one of these so next week I will know for sure. You can search in this forum for them - others say they will work.

Here’s a link to thread on them:

Tv links S is also a base for compilot and i like that. Not sure than alone worth 100 $ more, but don’t know about Sony, but tv link is optimised for fast audio transfer outside BT protocol for delay. Its seem it work better than Oticon tv device.
People complain only when tv speakers are turned on.

Hi Folks!

I’ve been using the Phonak iCom/TV Link system for about six months. It has also been my experience that the cube battery is not very robust. When using the base station, when it works (but that’s another theme), it often happens that the device runs out of charge before I have finished with a movie, or whatever I was watching. My solution has been to turn the cube off, and replace it into the base station when I don’t need it for anything else.

It would be very convenient if the cube could be recharged from the desktop USB connection, but I’m not sure that would work.

[quote=browne2012;71763]Hello there I have recently started wearing Naida S III UP from Phonak. I have there TV link which includes the TV link basestation and iCom combined. I had to get the microphone disabled to enjoy the TV better - with the hearing aids I was picking up alot of other noises. Just wondering about the duration of the TV link - well the iCom, after it’s charged for 2 hours - I only get about 4 hours use from it before I have to recharge it again - is the normal?

hebbes,
It will work if you have the right cable.

USB to mini USB so you connect it to any Usb (laptop, desktop, usb chargr, in car radio…
You can use any charger with mini USB (5v).
I got one with my logitech mouse - 110-220 V to 5v USB connection so i can use it when travel. That and usb-miniusb cable. Don’t have to disconnect from tvlink.

Many thanks for the iCom charging information. The cube is plugged into my PowerMac as we speak. The charging indicator light is on, and I see no smoke or flames. It works! An improvement, of course, would be a higher-capacity battery, even if it meant enlarging the “cube.”

As to the TV Link, the base station has given up the ghost altogether, and won’t pair at all. Fortunately, I have a Motorola DC800 transmitter, originally bought for Blue Tooth connection to the above mentioned ancient desktop. Plugged it into the telly, turned on the cube, and it works! It does require a bit of time and a few hearing aid beeps before it connects, but it functions.

Life is not all bad!

If these charge by a mini or micro USB port you can buy small external batteries that will recharge them by connecting a cable from them to the remote. Some of these external batteries ill recharge themselves by solar power (although usually not to the original mah) as well as AC or a computer USB port. I use these all the time to recharge my cellphones when I go camping.

like you say use recharge from computer usb port what if computer battery run out what else you use with ? beside the solar power when time run out what next ? then end up useless.

where your backup ? nothing !
Why not get DAI with Y Cord 3.5mm plug this not request run battery at all only carry your hearing aid battery that is all :slight_smile:
Y cord plug into your ipad or cd player so on… listen music either cell phone if your cell phone come with adapter 3.5mm then you will be fine not worry about run out battery with your iCom phonak or streamer oticon so on…

I am not sure what you mean by a DAI and don’t know how you could plug a 3.5mm y cable into a hearing aid.

In any case my ComPilot battery is easily lasting a whole day so my concern about having a way to recharge it is now minimal. However, if I am in the woods or otherwise away from electrical power for an extended period, I can recharge my batteries using solar.

Wireless is good.

Yep, battery is great. It match or even better than oticon Streamer, and miles away from that joke of iCom battery life.
Don’t know if battery itself is that much better, i think bluetooth chip is better because when streaming continuously with icom it get hotter while compilot not.

Rerading spec Compilot don’t have much better bat life with 3.5 jack… only a hour or two.

If for some that is not enough - you can always get spare usb charger battery. Duracell or something…

see picture dai
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=hearing+aid+dai&hl=en&biw=1228&bih=786&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=EJYPEAPEs8WuhM:&imgrefurl=http://hearingmojo.com/sonic-innovations-super-power-endura-hearing-aid-has-all-the-bells-and-whistles&docid=yFNH9SeKyWVgSM&imgurl=http://hearingmojo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Endura-DAI.png&w=321&h=417&ei=J1EKT5apH-WfiQLT4-CxCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=106&vpy=127&dur=387&hovh=160&hovw=132&tx=120&ty=130&sig=112293465685044571989&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=116&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

hearing aid need have boot with DAI Y cord 3.5mm

DAI = Direct Audio Input

So anything where the audio input goes directly into the device is DAI. Used to have to have a BTE with a boot on the bottom (made for a VERY large HA) but now with Bluetooth it’s usually done via plugging the audio device directly into the transmitter unit via a 3.5mm jack cable.

I still don’t get the advantage or even how this can be used with most HAs directly.

I haven’t looked at many hearing aids, but neither the Phonak nor the Otricons I am trialing have ports which would accept the DAI jack shown.

I can plug an audio device directly into my ComPilot which then transmits the sound to my HAs. But this still uses up my ComPilot battery life.

For the phonaks (and probably oticons) you would need an audio shoe to dai. You would then exchange your battery door with this and you’ll have dai input. (Phonak, AS9, AS10, AS11, AS12, AS13 and so on. Different one for models with different design.)
As to the advantage against dangling wires I’m not sure. Depends on preference/use I guess.

why couldn’t I do the same with an ComPilot that I do with my Rexton RCU… while listening to TV I usually just plug it into the wall charging unit while I have it on the arm of the chair? I have a nice La-Z-Boy that I have my camp setup with my laptop, books, etc next to me? I use one of http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DDE4VY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&m=A35D5ON3677H9N these in the car for music and phone and it works great.

Have used compilot streaming from TV link for some time with no problem, suddenly it is not working despite blue light on both compilot and tv link - as for battery, you can get long lead for mains charger to plug directly into compilot, however the problem of being away from mains supply for long periods is valid, and fact batteries are not replacable item