Phonak TV Connector

Right! I don’t need a chime - this (2nd) Connector is only inches away from my ears! Now I guess I have no other option but to traipse back to the store, and I have a hunch that my fitter will be just as baffled as I am.

And if your fitter is baffled, ask if they could call the manufacturer, Phonak, to see if they have a solution! I have an appointment with my audiologist on Dec 13 and I’ll do the same. I have Marvel M90-R’s. Good Grief. I just looked at my calendar. It’s Friday the 13th! An omen?

1 Like

Good idea! Thanks, Gary!

1 Like

Obviously, or not, this is not a feature. This is some kind of make/break connection bug.

I get this every once in a while with my single TV connector on the TV. It must have to do with some kind of confusion with the connection, because I seem get it when I’ve been connecting and disconnecting numerous times to the TV connector. I have “rebooted” the Marvels and that resolved it for me.

So I would power cycle the TV connector and power cycle the HAs and see if that helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much, haggis! Yes, that eliminated the c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t “dinging” during listening.
But it continues to constantly ding non-stop when I am not listening to any sound, speech or music, so I will look forward to an opportunity to my next hearing adjustment appointment to get the dinging turned off completely.
In the meantime, I am trying to constantly turn the Connector on and off accordingly, which is a serious challenge considering that I am pressing a button which seems to require something between a light and hard press, with no physical feedback. I don’t know whether it is supposedly heat-sensitive like an elevator call button or what. Just that teeny tiny light on the thin edge, whose view is mostly blocked by the plugs connecting it to power and laptop audio.

Nate,

I wouldn’t look to trying to disable the chime to remedy the constant chiming. There is something going wrong. It is not proper function.

So I would try to swap out the TV connector and see if a different one has the same problem.

If a different TV Connector gives you the same problem, I would ask your audi to test it with a trial HA. If it works with a different HA but gives constant chimes when yours is on, then you have a malfunctioning HA.

Again, it is not normal operation to constantly chime when no audio is streaming through the TV connector. Even if you turn off the chime, it will still be malfunctioning.

2 Likes

haggis,
Good advice. I will try these steps in order.
Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve heard of delays in shipping these but was talking to audiologist today and he said they’d been discontinued because of parts shortages. Have no idea if that’s true or not. It is a great device

I enquired about the TV connector when at Costco a couple of weeks ago, the audiologist told me they will be coming back into stock, once the chip shortage is resolved. No mention of them being discontinued.