Phonak TV connector with macbook

Hi All,

Couple weeks ago I started to use my new test hearing aids with the TV connector.
I came from the Phonak Naida Q50UP with Compilot and now I have the Phonak Naida P50 UP.
Initially i was planning to use the Bluetooth connection for audio with my macbook, but that is not quite stable as i hoped for. Previously I used the Compilot with a 3.5mm jack cable and that worked properly.

Now my audicien gave a TV connector to stream audio from my macbook to my hearing aids.
But I experience that audio is not always passed. For example if i open a Youtube video for background music, it sometimes doesnt pass along. But if i open a netflix video it does.

1 Like

I use a usb audio device with a toslink interface to go to the usb connector on my work MacBook. BEHRINGER 2 in/2 Out USB Audio… The toslink stays connected unlike the analog which goes on and off based on detection of audio. In zoom, when no one is speaking for a minute, on analog the connection drops. Then when someone starts talking again the is a delay before the connection comes up again. With toslink this doesn’t happen. It isn’t neat and tidy on my desk. But it works.

Not sure why you have trouble with YouTube vs other.

Hope this helps.

WH

1 Like

I am most fortunate to have several Macs, Android & a Windows i5 Laptop… Some are newer, like the M4 iPad Pro, M2 MacBook Pro, Bluetooth streaming works seamlessly with my Naida Lumity 90 UP’s, connecting is automatic, Android, Windows & iMac i7, I use a direct connection with the TV Connector 2, (3.5 plug) in most instances, IMO, TV Connector 2 is by far the best overall sound quality, usually pristine, especially so on the iMac, for whatever reason it is crystal clear? Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Does the audio work ok for the other audio apps on your mac? It just occurred to me that zoom has a feature to allow you to direct use of input and output ports other than system default. Does the music app work ok, etc? What app are you watching youtube in?

WH

I had problems with a stable connection to my MacBook, until I realized that I cannot connect more than 2 devices. So if my iPad and IPhone are nearby, I can lose the MacBook connection. But if I turn off Bluetooth on my IPad , now I can keep the MacBook connected because it is no competing for that second spot.

1 Like