Phonak TV Connector Different Versions

Just received my Phonak TV Connector Version 2 (non Costco). The audio Toslink cable is 40" long, The optional audio analog (3.5 mm jack) cable is also 40" long. The micro USB power supply cable is 52.5" long.

1 Like

Couple questions on the Phonak TV Connector V2. Sorry if I missed them using the forum search. With the Paradise P90-R HAs can the TV Connector be turned on and off with the app or tapping the HAs? With the rechargeable HAs how long approximately will the batteries last with the TV Connector in use and nothing else being streamed by Bluetooth? I usually watch / listen to TV 12 to 14 hours a day. Thanks for any help.

I just got a Costco adapter, plugged it into a USB connector on a ~5 year old Samsung TV, and it worked fine. Current draw was 200mA which is well under the limit for USB 2.0 or 3.0.

1 Like

Yes, you can switch the connection on and off by tapping the HAs.
The HA’s volume up/down buttons are by default set to increase/decrease TV’s volume and the HA’s mics decrease/increase. So you can adjust between environmental sound or the TV’s sound.
Your Audi can programm the HA to have the mics completely off while streaming.
I think the batteries will not last for such a long time streaming. Maybe you need to have a break for a recharge in between.

1 Like

Thanks @sterei. I don’t get my HAs till 5 May. Do I need to take my TV Connector V2 with me to the Audi fitting? I already purchased me one. Will report back on how long the batteries last streaming from the TV Connector. My Sennheiser wireless headset last about 12 hours a day. I usually have to give it a quick charge to finish up the day. Thanks again.

No need to take it with you. You can pair them at home:

• Switch your HA’s off and on again.
  • Press the button on the back of the TV Connector until it changes to blue color

Yeah, I think a quick charge in between might do the trick to finish the day.

1 Like

We are having a problem with our Phonak TV connector. For no apparent reason, it will suddenly cut out, leaving both of us with either no sound or a very low sound. It may cut back in again in a few seconds or it may take a minute or more. We have already learnt to use Do Not Disturb which we have scheduled to turn on between 6pm and 6am so notifications don’t cause this same interruption (but still let phone calls through). Any ideas?
Aileen Hewat

This could be a bad connection between source (TV) and the TV-adaptor. You might try to plug the connector in and out several times. To remove possible oxidation. Maybe even replace the cable in between.
If you have it connected to the head-phone output, you may try to increase the volume on TV.

It will cut out if there’s a period of no sound (like one of the blacked out pauses that’s intended for an ad) Low sound might be returning to Autosense instead of streaming?

Shout out to O’Fallon, IL from O’Fallon, MO. Thanks for asking this question as I am looking at getting a TV Connector as well. I will receive my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90-312 next week and have been doing research.

I purchased my last 3 hearing aids at Costco and was happy with their service. I trialed the Kirkland Signature 10 but was worried about the rechargeable battery since I stream a lot at my office and attend meetings at night. I found out for the first time since wearing hearing aids that my insurance will cover a portion so I was able to order the Paradise with the 312 battery after selection a local Audi, although I have now realized that this version does not have the Tap Control but not a deal breaker. Does anyone else have the Paradise with the disposable batteries? Has anyone purchased the Phonak TV Connector from Costco but purchased your hearing aids elsewhere? Is the TV Connector $99 at Costco?

1 Like

If you are using the Toslink cable to send sound to the TV Connector (preferred) kep in mind that thes are optical cables and sometimes a too much of a kink and render them nearly useless. It is digitl and gives the very best of sound, where the stereo phono jack is analog and not as good for sound quality.

For anyone in the UK. Very cheap.

This was shared in the forums here somewhere else recently and I grabbed it. The VA sent me a 1.1 and I bought a 2.0 from ebay.

TV Connector Comparison Chart.pdf (276.6 KB)

Hope this helps

WH

1 Like

Looking for help with a TV setup.

I’ve had Audeo P70s for about a year and a half. For the most part, I’ve had no problems.

I just purchased the Phonak TV adapter. It pairs with the aids—I hear the tones in my ears, and the connector shows up in the app.

However, I’m getting no TV sound through the connector.

I have an optical cable from the TV into a splitter, one optical going to my sound bar and the other to the TV adapter. The sound bar works properly, but there’s no sound from the TV through the adapter. I switched out the cable from the splitter to the TV adapter, but it still doesn’t work. I then tried it directly from the TV optical port to the TV adapter, without a splitter, and still no sound. The only sound I get are the tones telling me it’s connected.

Do I have a bad unit, or am I not doing something correctly?

I think you have to change a setting on your TV, there’s a lot of information from here on hearingtracker on how this should be done.

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=Phonak%20tv%20connecter%20settings%20

Beware of encoding. I think only one version (2) supports Dolby. 1 and 1a are nothing fancy (PCM only).

“Please make sure that no Dolby digital or DTS audio settings are used by the TV (or audio device).”

WH

1 Like

When I hooked it up with the splitter, the sound was coming from the TV’s internal speakers. I changed the TV’s audio settings to optical, and then I got sound from the sound bar (connected through the splitter), but not from the Phonak TV adapter (the other output from the splitter.

1 Like

How do I check the encoding?

That depends on the TV. Look in the TV menus to see if there is a format or encoding specified.

Also, your sound bar may not be so happy at losing dolby assuming that is what it is.

(Quick hint: The connectors with button on top are V2. No buttons → v1 or 1a.)

WH

Note that a V2 will do dolby but not DTS.

WH