Phonak TV Connector: delay

I use the Phonak TV Connector to connect my computer via Bluetooth to my Phonak Audeos.

One headache is that, if the computer is silent, the TV Connector takes about 4sec to decide to start streaming to the hearing aids. If the stream is silent (or simply too low in volume), the TV Connector stops and requires about 4sec to restart the stream.

Is there a way to shorten this delay?

Agreed, it can be annoying.
I had a quick scan with a Bluetooth scanner/snooper the other day and couldn’t actually determine whether it was using Bluetooth at all but I didn’t spend a huge amount of time on it.

These are the only configurable options that I can see for how the HAs interact with the TV Connector V2 in Phonak Target. I might be missing something but I couldn’t see any options for directly configuring the connector at all.:

AUTOMATIC
When the “TV Connector” is detected (TV got switched on), its program is activated automatically.

MANUAL
When the “TV Connector” is detected (TV got switched on), its program is added as the last program.

MANUAL (WITH BEEP)
When the “TV Connector” is detected (TV got switched on), a beep is heard and its program is added as the last program. Within 15 seconds after detection, a short press on the hearing aid button directly activates the program.

@BeLo

TV Connector works on AirStream Technology, the same as the Partner Mic. Doesn’t actually use Bluetooth.

6 Likes

@SoftwareDeveloper

Someone on this forum found a cable that stopped the delay for his laptop but I can’t think who it was.

Maybe have a search for it? There’s lots of threads about the switching off with the TV Connector when using it with a computer.

If you use the toslink instead of analog audio cable then the delay is eliminated. It won’t drop during quiet periods and it doesn’t wait for sound to start transmitting either.

WH

5 Likes

I get the same delay but one trick I use when I’m joining video calls etc is to jiggle the volume in windows so it’s sends beeps and wakes up the adapter, so when I join the call a moment ater audio is already streaming.

I use TOSLink and mine drops out after a few seconds of quiet. It does have some quirks, for sure, but in general, works very well. The technology is similar to Bluetooth, but not the same. If you look at the information on the FCC website on how they tested it, looks very much like Bluetooth.