Phonak Target Software... Last try before I give up

Go ahead! if someone wants to play with their HAs that is fine but for me I would rather have someone who knows about hearing doing mine.
It is doubtful that anything you fiddle with would be life threatening, but I know when I had an mine adjusted by an audi who was not very competent, I found the imbalance made me feel very funny especially when I was driving. The problem wasn’t obvious in her office but it sure showed up when I started moving around.
You could argue that if I had had the equipment and know how i could have corrected it myself but in this case I could have easily had an accident before I got home!

What about Phonak Audeo Smart , NOT S. Which software ?

I am a computer Geek!

I program my car.
I program my Satellite Dish.
I program my alarm system.
Now I program my ears!

If you have your prescription and some time it is not hard. You need to be computer literate and not afraid to experiment a little. Try a setting and you don’t like it back up and start over. Unlike pulling a tooth or surgery you have a back button :slight_smile:

Doug

How much improvment can somene expect from self-programming?

LOTS… If you are doing it right?:wink:

Cheers Kev:D

I have the full set of dvd’s and cd’s of earlier version 1.xx then dit an upgrade to version 2 but intercepted the download. so I have the full version target 2.0 for you.

I bought an Icube and should arrive in a few days. Lets see what I can spoil more of this hearing :D. Will need you advice for sure.

NayTatas:

Shop around.

Your audiologist seems to be both unknowledgeable about you HA’s software, but is also arragant and closed minded.
:mad:
You need to fire the audiologist who is not helping you and hire a new one that is capable and willing to help you. In most cities there are hundreds of audiologists.

We all seem to get so attached to “our” audiologists ???:confused:
They need to be sensitive mechanics for the device we put in our ear to help us hear. In the land of the free and the home of the brave, you need to exersize your right to Democracy and shop around.:cool:

Hope this helps.

I have the Icube now. What’s next? :confused:

You will need iPFG 2.6b link to download below:D I would also do some very serious reading up on this software and your hearing aids, there are many tutorials out there on the web!

Good luck, cheers kev

http://www.phonakpro.com/com/b2b/en/professional_tools/fitting_equipment/software/downloads.html

I have the Icube now. What’s next?

I’m glad this is not a shooting forum.

OK, I have bought one of those cool pump action shotgun things like they have in the movies and I have pushed some of those bullety things into it.
What next?
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I downloaded the software and started selfprogramming. Not that bad. I guess the problem is with my hearing. I got drop in hearing so I need a very powerful aid. The main issue now is distortion.

I seem to have got confused as to which battery is the right one for the above aid. To make matters worse I have lost the user manual!!
Both the 312 (brown) batteries and the 13 (orange) seem to work OK.
Can anyone put me right on this?
Many thanks,

I seem to have got confused as to which battery is the right one for the above aid. To make matters worse I have lost the user manual!!
Both the 312 (brown) batteries and the 13 (orange) seem to work OK.
Can anyone put me right on this?
Many thanks,

It’s not possible for both a 13 and a 312 to work in a hearing aid. Hearing aids take one size battery only. They both might FIT, but only one will power the device. If the 13 fits, then that’s the right battery.

is it April 1st?

Hi Doc,
Right now I am running with 312 batteries BUT the Widex website, when you dig down and find the documentation for the HA, says battery type 13.That is why I am asking the question.
Regards,

If you’re wearing a fusion RIC it only uses a 312. A 13 battery won’t fit. It’s possible/probable that you are looking at one of the standard BTE’s which can use a 13.

Hearing aids will only work with one size battery. They are not interchangeable. ever.

Thanks Doc, you are a mine of information!!

Hi all - I am a newcomer to this forum & am trying to obtain the Phonak Target software to program my Q series hearing aid - hope that maybe you can suggest how

with sincere thanks