Phonak Target - Pop up notice, why?

I wear and self program Phonak Brio P-UPs.

Every time I open up Target, it says ‘fitting wear not compatible’. I use a iCube (old one, not new II.) I’ve selected the right iCube but it still has the pop up notice.

This pop up notice, doesn’t come up when I program my old Phonak Naida S IX UPs.

Specs say Brio = AudeoQ = iCube (scroll down on page 3).

Specs say Brio2 = AudeoV = iCube II (scroll down on page 3).

Does it continue to program the Brios using iCube after the popup warning?

Oh, I think the Brio/Brio2/Brio3 hearing aids are not recognized until you use the Detect feature. Perhaps that has something to do with this popup warning.

Yes, detected. But Brios are not included on the list of hearing aids. You are required to use the Detect feature.

But are you able to continue with programming after the popup warning, after detecting?

W10 most recent upgrade affects Noah compatible programming devices that use Bluetooth. You can use a usb connection lead on the ICube 2, re-discover it and it will allow you to program the aids.

Target might offer to do a firmware update to the ICube too.

This is interesting. I have an iCube and an iCube 2. My iCube won’t program my Venture series aids. Won’t even see them. The iCube 2 won’t program some older Audeo series aids I bought before getting the Venture aids. I didn’t know you could do a firmware update to an iCube with Target. I’ll have to check into this further. I have the latest version of Target.

Target / Tools / Firmware Update / iCubes
Ensure that the iCube is connected via cable to the USB port

Though, iCube cannot be forward compatible to program Venture Series AudeoV = iCube II (scroll down on page 3). You need iCube II for Venture Series.

iCube II is supposedly backwards compatible to be capable of programming iCube compatible hearing aids. Though, I have heard that for best results (less drops) you should use the wireless fitting device designed for your model hearing aid.