Phonak Target - Difference between "Media speech + mic" and "Media music + mic"

I’m struggeling a bit with adjusting the streaming settings for my Phonak Audeo P90 R HAs in target.
Is anyone familiar with the differences between the two entries “Media speech + mic” and “Media music + mic”? I can’t find any documentation for this in the forum or the web.
It’s a bit mysterious that “Speech - Television and radio” can be tweaked in both entries.
Is there possibly a differentiation between Phonak AirStream non-bluetooth wireless connections (Roger, TV connector, PartnerMic) and bluetooth connections?

Each streaming option (“Media speech + mic” and “Media music + mic”) in the left pane has a pulldown menu where you can look at the defaults, and also adjust them;

1 Like

I think the question is aimed at what initiates the two different programs. Why is one vs the other selected?

WH

1 Like

Oh, I guess I don’t know enough about Phonak Program linking and/or selection. Judging by the icons, maybe designated by selected source or Linked automatic program. But like I said, I don’t know enough about Phonak. I wear Oticon so I will bow out.

c3

2 Likes

If streaming with bluetooth is active (phone etc.), then the HA detects whether music or voice is being received. And then activates the appropriate program (from BT Autosense streaming). But this can then lead to unpleasant effects, for example back and forth during music. Especially if the volume is very different in the two programs.

That is why I have made the two programs identical for me.

For TV, the program is active under streaming programs.

3 Likes

Roger doesn’t use AirStream Technology. It works very differently to the TV Connector and Partner Mic.

1 Like

which is quite amazing.

I noticed this when I watched (listened to i.e. :wink: ) movies via TV connector that there was a constant change between the speech and music autosense programs.
Even if the program transition speed is set to very fast (= 10 seconds) you have a constant “overlapping” of both modes. Maybe this Phonak feature is useful when you just listen to news programs or “pure” music. It would be nice though if you could switch the modes manually via the app
For now I will also use identical settings for both modes. :+1:

1 Like

The aid ‘determines’ if the signal is audio or speech. When I had them the switching in podcasts annoyed me so I set both to the same as the audio version.

1 Like

You are right, I checked in target.
It is not correct what I mentioned today in my earlier post today:

→ the BT Autosense is also active when the TV connector is used.

1 Like

So I’m also interested in this… Do we know that the “transition speed” setting in Target affects the speech vs music gain profile used with bluetooth?