Phonak Target 9.05 First Steps

Hello everyone!

I’m opening a new topic, hope it’s not an issue. I’ve been using the Phonak Lumity 90LR device since December 2023 and I absolutely love it. I managed to get it at a good price, (1700 euros for two new pieces). I also purchased a new Roger On In device (320 euros) to enhance my TV watching and listening experience, which has been fantastic. Due to my moderately severe hearing loss, I mainly use it for watching TV, but it’ll be great for conversations in the car with multiple people as well, whether they’re sitting in the front or back seats.

My audiologist didn’t pay enough attention to me, and since I bought the device from them, I knew I’d have to pay hefty amounts elsewhere just to get some attention. So, I decided to get the Phonak Target software, and today the Noahlink Wireless (150 euros) arrived from China. It’s a very professional little device! Within the Target program, I found one of the most annoying things that DOESN’T relate to my hearing: I can now turn off my hearing aid after charging. Finally!! :slight_smile: (For now, I’m not daring to save anything.) It was extremely annoying to always have to turn it off after taking it off the charger. I bought the Noahlink mainly for this reason because my audiologist couldn’t solve it. (LOL) It took me 3 minutes to figure it out. I won’t comment on this… Nevertheless, the program seems very complicated, which is understandable considering it’s a medical profession. The hearing-related issue I bought it for is that the hearing aid on the right side produces a slightly duller sound. I want to fix this by adjusting the volume at certain frequencies or turning off the whistle protection, etc. I’m not sure yet exactly what I’ll try. Overall, there’s not a major problem; I’d say I feel my hearing aids perform equally about 60-40, but I long for a 50-50 balance. We’ll see how it goes, it’s not a tragedy if it stays like this. I hear a thousand times better than without hearing aids. (The microphone works well.)

Long story short, the most important advice I got here on the forum is not to save the current settings but to have a separate playground for them. How can I do this? Should I create two new worksheets and save the settings extracted from the hearing aids by the program on one of them, and on the other worksheet, can I “play around” with the settings? Or should I do it differently? I’d appreciate any specific advice on settings and initial steps that can help me achieve equal hearing experiences.

Thank you for reading this lengthy introduction.

András, from Hungary.

Welcome to the forum, great your giving DIY project a go, yeah to bad about your audiologist but it’s not uncommon to find some are not familiar with the software, but yes you should make up two clients in target, one to save your original audiology settings and one for your DIY projects
(it’s not the only way to do it, but just a bit easier)
So it’s just a matter of connecting your HAs and then saving to database and HAs for your original settings (seems you’ve already done this) next
make a new client and then connect your HAs, you can now experiment with this, do read the user guides for using target, as this is very helpful for setting up the first time, it’s not hard, and plenty of us to help you along.

Dear tenkan!

I’ve been tinkering with my Phonak Target program for hours now, and I’ve come across some really great features so far. However, when it comes to fine-tuning, I’m not sure how to adjust the values of just the right or left hearing aid using the up and down arrows. Whenever I press, it adjusts both. Is it possible to fine-tune only one of them? If so, how?

Thank you!

Hi there, yes absolutely it is possible, you need to uncoupling them, I think from memory it’s in between the two graph like this.

Well, yes, it wasn’t exactly obvious, although it seems so in hindsight. :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

1 Like