Phonak Target 7.3.1 Volume Behavior

They are independent. One auto changes to your environment, the other auto changes by what you connect

ok i like that idea, can i delete the other programs under autosense so its only a calm program?

yeah I see that. I guess you can grant access to select ones… Also when i copy settings from my calm1 program to other programs its doing something similar, not entirely copying. whats up with that? why can’t it just do a straight copy?

You’ll have to do it manually.

oh ok, looks like I have my day cut out for me then.

that would be nice because its really difficult to enter it manually without the numbers doing what they want. i dont think i could do a 100% copy.

You can easily see in the MyPhonak-App which program is currently running:

While streaming:

I’m not running autosense so it doesn’t show. It’s really only an issue when I’m scrolling thru my newsfeed and a video connects to Bluetooth, or website with a video and connects to Bluetooth, or I receive a text message, email or another alert. Like you said there’s a 2-3 lapse of connection and 2-3 laps of disconnection when the volume reduces which if that happens while I am talking to someone, sometimes it ends up being like 10 seconds all together, or when the video stops making connection to Bluetooth.

The mic adjustment isn’t changing anything. The onlything I notice with the much adjustment it seems like my overall gains are higher, uncomfortable.

I did however copy my fine tuning gains and that seems to have helped. I will know more upon trolling the news feed, receiving text messages and other alerts. I did reduce the mic back to the factory -6db.

The app shows I am running calm1 all the time. It’s not scanning automatics with the autosense disabled.

That’s weird. When I switch to the app while streaming, I see that “Bluetooth streaming + mic” is the active program.

Thanks, @Zebras, that’s more clear…
I tried it with disabled Autosense OS4.0. As @jte has it programmed.
It still shows “Bluetooth-Streaming + mic” while streaming music.

Yes you are correct, when I open my Spotify app to play music it does go into bluetooth streaming + mic. It may also do that when I receive alerts, but by the time I receive alerts and open my phone and open the app I had gone away maybe?.

As far as I can tell the change of gain is gone now that I have the gains copied in all my programs. I didn’t need to adjust the mic gain, it was a difference in gains from the Bluetooth streaming and my calm program that was generating a drop in gain when Bluetooth was connecting upon my text alerts, and videos popping up in news feeds.

1 Like

Im glad you could finally solve it :blush:

Yes thank you both, phew. I’m relieved. I’m still not using autosense. Obviously I have to use the autosense for streaming but for the general programs I am going to keep it disabled. It’s just too much going on. But I’m good to go for now. I will say the oticon genie was much simpler, but their aids were strange. The Phonak aids are great, but target is really confusing :joy:

2 Likes

I thought I fixed it, but I was just cutting grass and it’s happening again when I receive text message, while on the Bluetooth streaming program. I’m confused. I think it’s happening in reverse now.

But the Bluetooth was awful, it’s skipping like a scratched compact disc in my pocket. I can’t imagine anyone can take a walk and put their phone in their pocket and listen to music??? Quite disappointing.

When I did the trial on the Brio’s from Costco I could leave my phone in the house and cut my grass and the Bluetooth would stay connected… I really kick myself in the butt for not keeping the Costco aids, I was tricked. They were $1500 less too :man_facepalming:t2:

That’s because the phone is inside and thus can bounce off the walls.

I have M70 SP Aids so older technology and can still hear my music etc wherever the phone is in terms of on me. I was worried it wouldn’t work from what I was reading on this forum. A lot of issues.

Can you leave the phone inside and see what happens?

hmmm… makes sense. I’ll try right now.

1 Like

i can get about 5 feet out my door and they drop. I can’t even make it to my garage.

So I guess more importantly, back to the gain dropping. If I increase the gain on mics in appropriate program to 0db from the factory setting of -6db, what exactly am I increasing? Does that increase my overall gain on the calm setting too? because when I bump that up to 0db the calm setting no longer sounds the same. Do I need to reduce that gain to compensate or should it not be affected? I’m confused.

the bump to 0db didn’t help either. I’m lost and stumped. everything still drops except the notifiction via bluetooth. theres gotta be a way to balance that. it’s intrusive, i can’t imagine theres not a way to smooth it out.

Question I guess, does no one else experience a significant drop in gain when they are scrolling down Instagram or Twitter and a video pops up and the Bluetooth connects to that video? Or when scrolling thru a news feed, and there’s a video, and Bluetooth connects? I have muted my alerts, that’s gone but if I search the web, social media, anything for that matter and theres a video it connects via Bluetooth and the gain drops. I have the gains as close as target will allow me, the mic gain at 0db in the Bluetooth program only. If I adjust one in the Bluetooth program, the other mic in Bluetooth program matches. But they are both in the Bluetooth program.