Phonak slim tips - insertion tips

Hi! I have reverse slope hearing loss and didn’t wear my nhs aids as they were badly programmed. Fast forward 15 years I’ve gone private and have Phonak Audeo Lumity 90 aids which I’m getting there with. The problem is the fitting in the ear. Power comes gave my occlusion effect, normal domes we’re really annoying and I’m now trying some silicone slim tips which seemed fine in the audiologists office.

2 days in they are also annoying me! I think I must have very sensitive inner ears as they just feel ‘stuffed’ all the time - not from a sound perspective but just the physical presence. Does anyone have any tips for inserting them? I’m wondering if I’m just not putting them in right as surely you shouldn’t really feel a custom mold if it’s tailored to your ear canal? They are very small and as there is no anchor in the outer ear I’m hoping I’ve just not found the correct insertion technique. Thanks in advance for any helpful pointers!

What do you mean “no anchor in the outer ear”? You mean that short tug-cord attached to ITC aids? Not sure what custom silicone “slim tips” look like, but I initially had a pair of custom-fit softer (firm, not squishy) silicone molds on the speakers. I had to remove them cuz not only did they make my ears ache (like a contusion) but I had an allergic reaction to the material used, so my ear canals turn RED and ITCHY.

You could be putting them in right but sensitive to the material used.

Thanks for your response - hopefully I’ve added photos to show what they are like. The molds I had years ago had a skeleton framework that fitted inside my ear outer to keep the bit in the ear canal in place. The slim tips don’t have that so I think they are ‘creeping’ out all the time. Unless I’m just not inserting them properly.