Phonak Slim-tip Titanium Earmold

Greetings -

I have a pair of Phonak Lumity 90 Life hearing aids, and have been told I should consider using molds to better reach my prescription through REM. Are the Slim-tip Titanium molds available with any receiver, or just the Active Vent. I am interested to find out before I make an appt. to see my audi - the idea of using titanium as the material for the mold is very appealing to me. I do not believe that I qualify for the Active Vent, as my slope begins too soon down to severe high frequency hearing loss.

Thanks!

I know there are a variety of molds available for phonak. Slimtip is available in acrylic, titanium, and silicone. Cshell is available in acrylic and titanium. Which would be best for you, I can’t say. Titanium is stronger by a large degree. That allows them to make the shell thinner and leave more room for larger receivers in cases where that helps.

WH

Active Vent is not required to use Titanium Slim-Tip.

1 Like

I was just looking at online sellers of Universal Titanium Slimtips. They are only availability with AV and there is a choice of four different ear canal shapes. Does anyone know anything about these?

I am not familiar with universal titanium ones. There ARE four sizes of silicone ones. I wore them while I decided if I liked AV enough to get the titanium slimtips. My titanium tips are custom based on impressions taken.

WH

1 Like

FYI As I was at my Audi for some custom molds…he sended my impressions made to Phonak. After waiting some weeks I got the information from Phonak that they were able to make custom molds for me, but unfortunately not the titanium version as the canal in one of my ears was to small! So there are some exceptions possible.

1 Like