Phonak Sky M70 works with Amplifon App

My Step Mum wears the Phonak Sky M70 M.

She’s just managed to pair her HAs to the Amplifon App which allows more adjustments over the Junior myPhonak App.

2 Likes

It is even correct when my Step Mum is using her Roger.

The App comes up with Roger and adjustments that can be made.

1 Like

The Amplifon App, I am seeing in the Apple Store, is a subscription service, £89 per year, is this correct Ruth? The correct one, I mean? If so, they’ll be keeping it :rofl: Cheers Kev :wink:

Just installed the Amplifon app on my Android, and (after deleting my MyPhonak pairings), it installs my P90s just fine. And, yes, when I switch on my RogerOn, another window appears where volume and mix can be adjusted. It doesn’t seem any better or worse than MyPhonak, but I can see it being an upgrade if you have Sky aids.

I had a discussion with my Audiologist, suggesting Phonak have taken over Amplifon (I’m sure I read something on that on these forums). He said Amplifon is still owned by the family who created in in Milan. There certainly seems to be a link?

Peter

Long story short. Hearingtracker just released their 2024 industry map.

1 Like

Interesting. I see Amplifon have their own section, but also are in 3 others. I guess they’ve forged agreements with the others. Maybe they sell their products as well as their own? Maybe, like Specsavers, they produce their own app and maybe hide the branding??

Peter

It’s an Italian job then!!! :thinking:

2 Likes

They don’t “make/manufacturer” HAs, they do seem to own a lot of retail outlets tho!

1 Like

thank you, this makes sense

Amplifon is a big chain in mainland Europe.
From memory, their prices here in the UK a quiet competitive compared to Boots/specsavers hearing.

I had some dealings with Amplifon many years ago. In short… They came across as dodgy, and definitely not to be trusted… Perhaps, that isn’t a fair assessment, as I only visited one branch, on a couple of occasions, but that was enough to put me off for good, I never went back near them! Perhaps, over the intervening years, they have improved… But, as we all know, first impressions, last the longest! Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55

Did you find the correct App Kev as it doesn’t cost anything.

:slight_smile:

I will have a look Ruth… Thank you :wink:

1 Like