Phonak Roger Select iN + KS9's

Hi folks,

Looking into purchasing the Roger Select iN and wanted to get confirmation that it does indeed work with the KS9 version of hearing aids that Costco no longer sells.

Also wanted to inquire on whether anyone has any resources that are available either in Canada or the US that sell this device with the licenses and can have it shipped to me.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Have a good one!

Yes, it will work with no problem.

1 Like

Hey, I know this is a really old topic but I kinda wanted to bump it back up.

I have the Roger Select iN with me, verified that it has two licenses, but it blinks red twice indicating a timeout and to move the devices closer. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible that the KS9 is incompatible with the Roger Select? Should I let it charge fully before even attempting to pair?

How did you verify that it has two licenses?

There’s a tiny button on the back side of the Select iN. If you press that and the LED in the middle blinks green twice, that indicates it has two licenses. If it blinks red twice, that indicates it has no licenses.

OK. Then charge if and try again, should work

Yeah, I had no luck doing it even after it fully charged. I’m probably going to have to bite the bullet and buy the installer and the two Roger X Receivers. Though, I’m not sure what to look for when it comes to the receivers.

Are you doing 1 x HA at once?

You likely have but you’ve have the Firmware 2.0 on your KS9? That allows the RogerDirect feature to work.

1 Like

I have had the Roger Pen iN installed on my KS9’s but I did have to update the firmware first. Also, I had trouble until got rid of all my bluetooth devices in the room. (Apple Watch, AirPods…)

2 Likes

I need to find out from my costco audi which firmware is on the hearing aids. I did have them sent back for repairs at one point before the warranty was up, but I’m guessing they didnt upgrade to the latest firmware.

Good to know. I’ll see about checking the firmware and see what happens.

@cjj777 @Psych1 & @Zebras Thank you for coming along with me for the ride.

To finally put this saga to rest and in hopes that other users learn from my experience… You need to hold the license button down for two seconds with a hearing aid device beside it in order for the receiver to be added to the hearing aid.

Thank you to Zebras for all the information!