Phonak Roger Select iN DEMO

Hi! I wish you all the best in the new year :partying_face: :tada:

I have a question what it is Phonak Roger Select iN DEMO I mean:

I’m asking because I can buy it, but I don’t know what it is DEMO
Is it a dummy? It cannot be paired with hearing aids, it cannot be programmed in the Phonak Target application or what is this DEMO about?

Most likely just as it says, a “DEMO” as in, not for retail sales, it will work as intended otherwise they wouldn’t be a able to demonstrate how the features work, do you need to connect it to target for it to work?

I have no idea that’s why I’m asking. I want to buy it, but I don’t know if it works the same as trial hearing aids. I can buy it for a better price than from a hearing care professional/store. I can buy it for a better price than from a hearing care professional/store, but I don’t want to buy something that doesn’t work or I don’t know how it works. Will it work and will you have to reset the settings from time to time, just like in the trial version of hearing aids trial version or it’s working normal but it has much fewer features, or is it just a dummy?

It’s a demo not a trial,when I replied to you I thought you’d taken those pictures, but you ask if it works, well the picture shows it on with a charger, so it can’t be a “dummy” so your best to ask the seller these questions, if it’s on eBay and you make payment with PayPal then you are covered for any returns.
You need to be sure you have the “receivers” installed with your HAs?
Maybe @Zebras can help.

Do you know the difference between DEMO and trial? I am a buyer and I need to know what disadvantages DEMO has. Can you tell me please?

Well yes,that’s why I mentioned it, I’ve brought a few Demo and trial HAs, big difference is one is a “trial” and needs a reset every so often and my demo’s have always been fully working in every respect, the thing to remember is you will not be able to get your demo serviced or repairs from Phonak.
Again I ask you to confirm from your seller what you are getting.

1 Like

Thank you very much! So DEMO version is a normal device that is not subject to warranty or servicing in Phonak - if it breaks, that’s it

Yes, so you do need to try and get it at a very cheap price! Hopefully the seller is reasonable.

1 Like

Hello! What is the difference between the Kirkland Brio 5 demo and the regular Kirkland Brio 5? does it reset the settings? or not?

YES, that is correct as tenkan explained. The word “DEMO” in all caps is a label that Phonak puts on their demonstration/trial models for borrowing and trying out ONLY.

That is not to say they are at all different from the model YOU will buy, but demos are in limited supply, so audis need to have one labeled DEMO so it won’t be sold by mistake.

Similarly, I am “borrowing” a pair of Phonak Lumity Life aids (as my other pair was sent in to Phonak for repair). These aids are clearly stamped: PHONAK - TRIAL on the case so they won’t be sold by mistake. Hope that puts your mind at rest. You WILL buy the identical device, and it will be BRAND NEW, never used or tried out by anyone before. And that’s a good thing, cuz other users could damage a unit and then just turn it in after trial.

All DEMO model are obviously stolen… Phonak gives them to retailers so if the retailer is selling them I suspect Phonak isn’t happy. I certainly wouldn’t try to register or get service.

As these are from Costco, I would like to think they are DEMO, but I’ve not had any experience with Costco “DEMO” models, these are Phonak models in every other aspect.

1 Like

Is there a difference between Demo and Trial models? Trial models have to be reset every few weeks. Is that true for Demo models also?

No, with all my “Demo” models they work exactly as they should, with the trial or flex trials you need to reset every 6 weeks or so, these seem to be Sonova models.