Phonak Roger remote mics (receiver-licenses)

Here is the question to your latest question, previously answered further up the thread.

@Zebras @Baltazard Thank you both for persevering. I got the bottom line regarding the pros (flexibility, not stuck)/cons (more money likely).

At some point within the next 2 months, as a way of giving back to community which I try to do, I’d be happy to help either or both of you create a document to elucidate the Phonak Roger mess.

It seems like there are from your posts above quite a bit nuance regarding “Roger license”
There is dedicated married for life (stuck which needs elaboration of exactly what you can NOT do)
There is flexible serial monogamy
{Perhaps run away bride?? !!}
But it seems that you need (at least one??) “IN” variant hardware; why? it is needed to “extract” licenses from HAs as a temporary license depot so that that same license could be transferred-used on another hardware device.

What a rat’s nest Roger is?

=============
If I end up buying via Ebay as before, unless it already exists I will probably start a thread trying to decipher the serial numbers on Roger devices. Initially I had thought that the SN which from what I have seen picutred on Ebay starts with 4 numbers, that this was date related, but while that might be true for some SN I have seen ones starting I believe 1928 which sure doesn’t make sense if it is date related e.g. MFG date; maximum date that warranty would apply.

For me personally, I expect that once I have an “IN” device, from actual experience I expect it will be a lot clearer: A) will it work with the licenses left in my KS10s; B) can I move the licenses now in KS10s to the “IN” device - perhaps not as an “IN” depot might only have two parking spots for licenses!! C) If I need to install the new licenses from “IN” device into KS10s what will I then see in Target? {My 2 existing licenses + the new ones from “IN” device?

Perhaps it is easier for those who have multiple Roger devices and have 4 or more transferable licenses. At any given moment they’d probably have something that is functioning and reasonably helpful. OK more than enough of my speculation. Really, reeally am grateful for the two of you as I can now make an informed decision about what I will do (after deciding amongst Select, Table Mic II, Roger ON (and within that version 1 or 2). In all cases it will be the “IN” variant; my guess is that I will end up with a Roger ON, but that episode of this series has not been scripted yet.

1 Like

Yes I’ll ask for serial number. How would one check it in Target? My KS10s are at Phonak now but I assume they aren’t needed for checking a Roger device SN in Target. I have numerous saved sessions that I could open. Do you have any idea whether the serial number gives any hint of Mfg date of that hardware? Of course what is as important as age of the device/battery is whether original owner used good care in recharging, not draining below 20%; keeping away from heat.

==========
For the Ebay Select mic I had at suggestion of another forum member (?? Jim Lewis ??) I had bought an inexpensive ($20) device which would monitor the charging voltage, and then the resting voltage once taken off of charger. I only had the Select for a few months before loosing it on trip, but I believe I had had enough experience to monitor Select and attempt to use it at worst, in the 20% to 80% charge range. I figured I’d need to baby the battery as much as possible. But battery charging best practices is another topic.

Why do you think you need new licenses when you have them already?

This has been answered before. The answer is yes but you need to get a Roger iN Mic from eBay WITHOUT licenses.

@Edma You could PM @GrayGhost and get the PHONAK™ ROGER ON iN,with 2 recivers installed, and charging base, and case he is selling, you will have 2 roger licenses as extra in case you need them (for example having a backup HA with licenses in them, like I did for my brother).
I hope @GrayGhost is trustworthy, @Edma maybe worth checking with @GrayGhost and avoid Ebay and their extortionist fees, I am sure cousin Vinny will not mind getting for you from Illinois.
The serial number is more to check if the item is still under warranty, if it is, then you could potentially get it repaired by phonak, but you will have to go through an authorized dealer (meaning you will have to pay a nominal fee).