Phonak Roger Pen vs Oticon Connectline Microphone

Hello,

I’m using my old Alta Pro hearing aids and I’m currently waiting for Oticon to release something after the OPN since that’s from 2016. Meanwhile, I will be getting a used Streamer Pro 1.3A and would like to be able to hear people better in noisy environments such as restaurants.

For this case, I think an external mic would be ideal.

Does anyone have experience with this?
Would a roger pen+roger x fm receiver or a connectline mic be better?
Would it work if I want to hear multiple people in a noisy restaurant and place it in the center of the table?
Which has lower delay/latency?

Got no experience with the Oticon Mic but I love my Roger Pen. I stick it in the middle of the table and it helps me hear a group of people. I would say the Roger Pen would work with around 4 people max.

Does it work well in a table at a noisy restaurant or does the mic pick up the noise?
Also which setup are you using?

It works well for me in a small noisy cafe. Haven’t tried it in anything bigger.

I’ve got Phonak hearing aids so use integrated receivers.

Roger select would be a better choice than the pen if you plan to place it in the centre of the table.

Yes the Select is a lot better. I was allowed to trial the Select and the difference is really good.

A roger pen can be bought used for ~$100. The select is a newer device, so I might skip that for now.