Phonak Roger On In not working: help!

Hi,

Today I tried to turn on my Phonak Roger On In V1 after I while I hadn’t used it, and didn’t work.

So, I thought that the battery was dead and, when I started charging it, it showed a big barred battery icon blinking a few times before it disappeared.

So, the Roger On is NOT working and I guess it’s not getting charged either.
BUT when I connected it to my PC and to the Roger Upgrader software, it got detected and I was even able to update its firmware, which unfortunately didn’t fix the problem.

The other interesting thing is that the barred battery icon keeps blinking only as long as it’s connected to my PC and Roger Upgrader is open on my PC, otherwise, if I shut down the Roger Upgrade program, the battery stops blinking.

By they way, as soon as I connected the Roger to the electricity, my hearing aids make a sound as if they got paired to the Roger On, but in a matter of fact they don’t.

What could it be in your experience? And how to fix it?
BTW the Roger ON is out of warranty and the switch seems to work because the Roger Upgrader finds it only when it’s switched on…

So, the USB cable works, the internal chipset works because I was even able to update the firmware… But they display shows only the blinking battery and the whole thing doesn’t connect to my hearing aids…

I‘d be very grateful is someone could help me!
Thanks in advance!

Just to be sure did you try a reconnect to your aids?

1 Like

With the PIN button on the back? No I didn’t cause it doesn’t even turn on but i can always try…

I assume that you have tried to charge the Roger overnight. Have you tried to reset it? (hold the main button and the connect button together for 10 seconds. I would do this with the unit plugged into power since the battery appears to be depleted) If that doesn’t work, I would guess the battery needs to be replaced.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve tried everything now. :pensive:

Do you know how much it costs to replace the battery?

Thanks!

Someone on here has done it, try a search.

I’ve only found a thread about the switch replacement but not the battery, and I don’t know where to find a spare one.

Meanwhile, Phonak sent me the quotation for battery and switch replacement and it’s 250 euros, which I find obscene.

What do you think?

I remember wrongly sorry. @GrayGhost describes taking apart but not finding a battery.

1 Like

@DamonHill If you are handy and want to try a battery replacement yourself, there are some inexpensive (for parts only) Rogers on Ebay for less than $50. You could get one (or two for insurance) and harvest the battery. Or maybe they are in working condition and you would not have to do anything. Good luck.

2 Likes

I think this is the right battery

3.7V 300mAh Lipo Rechargeable Battery 402040

They are about $2 on Ebay

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m very lucky to be part of this community!

I guess its not under warranty?

Nope, it’s not… I bought it second hand.